SeattleSheri

Sisters

Sisters
SeattleSheri, Feb 1, 2019
Description:
January 31 - Travelers Notebook Connection

My story is about how I took a 23&Me and an Ancestry DNA test to find out more about my ethnicity and I found lots of new family, including my sister. This photo was taken of us within minutes of meeting for the very first time this summer :heartlub

Journaling:
My absolute favorite story to tell is how I finally tracked down my family. I grew up an only child. While I knew I had half-siblings, I didn’t know their identities. This photo was taken within minutes of meeting my oldest sister for the first time this last summer! We found each other after having both taken a 23&Me test. I originally set out on this journey hoping to fill in some gaps about my ethnicity and health, but ended up with much, much more. Most of all, I’ve filled a void that I’ve carried my entire life. I will always mourn the fact that I will never meet or know my father, but I have accepted the fact that I have no control over the situation and I should relieve myself of feeling guilt or shame.
It’s crazy how similar my oldest sister and I are. Same height, same size, same curly hair and so many other similarities. I feel so fortunate to have finally found my siblings. Who would have thought I would have went from being an only child to having four siblings in my 40s! I also found my uncle on 23&Me and had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife for the first time this summer. They are such kind people and welcomed me with open arms despite the unusual circumstances. While I haven’t met them in person yet, I have also connected with my older brother on Ancestry DNA and another sister through Facebook..
Additionally, I’ve traced my family as far back as 10 generations to the 1600s when they immigrated to the US and Canada from Dublin, Ireland, England and Normandy, France.

Urban Garden by NBK (brushwork and elements)
Stargazer by Forever Joy and Studio Basic (rubber band)
Those Wings by Rachel Jefferies (torn notebook paper)
Musical Freebie by Paula Kesselring (stacked papers)
Silent Battles Stress (lace)
Silent Battles Grief (torn paper)
Brightside by TLP (background paper)

Thanks for looking!
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    SeattleSheri
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    549.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).