Shoes on the Danube bank
berniek, Nov 5, 2017
Description:
Credits:
Fiddle-Dee-Dee - Abundance {DD}
Paislee Press - In the Books {cards}
Sabrinas Creation - Grateful Hearts

Journaling translated:
I can say so much about this art piece. It's beautifully small. It's so incredibly real. And those two things make it even more intense then you can image. Because sitting on a wall looking at all those shoes, it's easy to see it all happening as a movie in your brain. A whole line of people, took of their shoes and then, bam, they disappear into the Danube with a bullet in their body. This is so horrible. I love that there now is this art piece, and so many coming to see it. Because this is something we should never forget.
Juliestcyr and MrsPeel like this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh my, Bernie..... not only your page is visually super awesome, (as usual!) the blank space, the clen cut lines, the minimalist that proves that in cases less is more, and the dimension you give with your journaling makes itself a work of art with so much power... it is sad atht, even with reminders that bring back the horrors of war, the human race is still without much memory... :( the page is awesome, even if in a tragic way, love the power of scrapbook (and a talent like yours) that can make beautiful things out of sad, even tragic events in life.... Into the Froggy Faves[​IMG]
      berniek likes this.
    • Juliestcyr
      Beautiful, pictures, journaling, and photos. They all just work together to make something beautiful out of this horrible event.
      berniek likes this.
    • Shivani
      This is so poignant and touching. We can only hope that we (as a race) are now more tolerant and accepting, Love the way you have captured the essence of this monument - so powerful.
      berniek likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
    Uploaded By:
    berniek
    Date:
    Nov 5, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    110.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).