klee73010

scrapping thoughts

scrapping thoughts
klee73010, Jan 19, 2020
Description:
If I had known how my scrapping preferences would change over time, or how I would best use the supplies I did buy, I might not have purchased so many things the way I have. I have realized that my shopping habits tend to be led by colors most, themes second, and what I actually need, last. I wish I would have been more mindful about which supplies I needed, and been able to utilize them better. As it sits, I spend a lot of time organizing and searching, rather than actually using. Despite all the organizing, I still have so much I haven't used, or don't remember, or can't find.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Going forward, I think I will try to be better about searching my stash first, and then deciding if something is necessary. I also think I will spend some time learning to re-color and re-purpose things. I want to work on using styles and making things I don't already have. I definitely feel a giant scrap supply purge coming on! I've come to the personal conclusion that I do not need to have hard drives full of scrap supplies and not have enough room for photos. My photos should take up more space than the supplies. I also feel myself wishing for more of a minimalist approach to a lot of things in life, so I am not surprised my supplies have reached the same feeling of overwhelm. One part of digital scrapbooking I loved from the beginning was that you could use the same thing over and over, as opposed to the paper scrapbooking days, where you needed to save the scraps, but once it was gone, it was gone. I find myself using a few things over and over, but largely I move on to other things because I have so many more I haven't used.

Font: Ciscopic
iScrapbook by Little Butterfly Wings
    • EHStudios
      When I first did a kit purge I moved those kits to a folder to scrap a page with them before I deleted. There was a reason I loved them, so they should at least get a LO made before I toss just so I wouldn't feel as guilty about purchasing. I need to do another purge like this soon since that was like 4 years ago now. One thing I do now when I get a kit is click through everything in it. Items/papers that I know 100% that I won't use I delete right away so it doesn't even take up space & this also gives me the chance to really see what's in a kit to know what to scrap.

Love your LO! Good luck on your organizing!
      klee73010 likes this.
    • klee73010
      @EHStudios Aaron had a great blog post on the TLP blog a few years ago about how he just threw things away if they hadn't been touched in a year. I definitely was thinking of being as brutal/ruthless as I could be!
      EHStudios likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    klee73010
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    189.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).