RJMJ

Scraplift Challenge-June-Pollywog:MrsPeel-Calm,Connected,Creative

Scraplift Challenge-June-Pollywog:MrsPeel-Calm,Connected,Creative
RJMJ, Jun 10, 2020
Description:
Aren't Scraplifts Just The Best!!!...Scrapping-ly Speaking...One Of My Most Favorite Thing To Do!...I Always Look Forward To The Monthly Scraplifts!...So Much Potential! & So Much Creative Expression Combined Together!...Wonderful!...Bring On The Inspiration...Please!...What An Incredible Gallery To Choose From!...But I Kinda Already Knew Who...MrsPeel I Was Gonna Scraplift...& What Exact Layout...Here's A Link To The Layout In Question...Filled With So Much Inspiration:

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/2020insdtemplatechallenge.432951/

The First Thing Here That Stands Out For Me Is The Rather Large Background Photo She Used...It Is All About Being Outside...& To Me A Way Of Expressing One's Own Personal Creativity...Especially Layout Related Expressions...So That Is The Theme Of My Layout...It's All About Creative Expression...Creativity In General...I Have A Rather Large Photo In My Background...Of An Artist Creating "Some Sunshine"...[More About That Later]...I Like The Way This Layout Looks Obviously Vertical...But Also Horizontal At The Same Time...Very Intriguing To The Eye...So I Went About Trying To Accomplish A Similar Effect...My BG Photo Is Very Vertically Inclined...And I Took The Idea Of The Two Frames & Technically Spread Them Out...One On Each Side Horizontally Speaking...I Kept One Side With The Same Photo...But A Shadowed Version & A Cool Take On The Original Photo...Kind Of Like What MrsPeel Did With Her Man Parachuting Down...It Just Looked So Cool...Hopefully I Did That Justice...I Also Liked The Shadow Of The Artist In My Photo Shown On The White Background & Her Shadow Below...Seeing Her Hand & Head Shadow In The Smaller Version Looked Interesting & Cool!...But Rather Than Use Another Photo On The Other Side...I Decided To Create A Large Cluster With Lots Of Interest & Texture To Compliment The Original BG Photo & The Smaller Photo Version...I Was Happy With The Way It Turned Out...I Was Thrilled With How It Looks Like My Artist Is Indeed Drawing/Painting Rachel Jefferies Wonderful "Rainbow" Element Right To The Canvas!...Just Like She Was Doing The Original Painting Herself...More Photoshop Magic!...So Let's Talk About More Similarities...I Used A Lot Of The Stand Out Color Blue...& Powerful Reds Too!...But I Mixed Them With A More Bright Color Palette For Another Reason To Be Explained Here Shortly...Next I Added Some Stars Too!...Bright Red Again! & One To My Artists Jean Pocket! For A Dramatic Flair Of Fun!...And All The Blue Clouds Reminded Me Of The Bright Blue Sky Filled With Fluffy White Clouds...Like A Bright ..."Sunshiny Day"...Hence Her WA:Let The "SUN" Shine In...Brilliant...[On Her Part...]...Instead Of A Seagull...I Incorporated Bright Red Butterflies...That Tie Back To One Of My/Her Base Colors Of Red...I Have A Heart Like She Does...And Her Wonderful Circles...I Mimicked This Idea By Applying Lots Of Black Contrasting Circled Scatter Plus The Heart Is In A Circle Too!...I Too Have An Arrow...Smaller In Frame But Still Dramatic!...And Now To Create That White Scratchy Texture From The BG Photo...I Went For A Cleaner Brighter Look To Match My Layout...Bright White Paint Engraved/Blended & Brushed In For My Final Effect!...So Much Fun Texture!...So Much Fun!...And Now The Rest Of The Details...The Blue Textured Flowers & The Denim In My Artist's Overalls...Reminded Me Of Those Textured Blue Clouds,Circles & Arrow...The Green Grass...I Have Green In My Layout Too!...The Black Hills/Mountains In Cynthia's Photo...Are Mimicked In My Layout By The Black Scatter Paint & The Black Letters In Various WA I Put Into My Layout...Lots Of White...In My Background & In Some WA Too!...Inspired By Her Wonderful Rather Large White WA!...Her B&W Paper Piece & Her Word "The"...Inspired Me Too!...I Incorporated B&W WA As A Nod To This Idea...She Used The Words "Sun Shine"...I Used The WA "Sunshine"...And Lastly...Eventhough She Doesn't Technically Have A Sun In Her Layout...It Is All About Spreading Sun Shine & Creativity To The World..So That's What I Was Trying To Do...Spread A Little Sunshine & Creativity To The World...I Feel That Layouts Are Our Own Way Of Sharing/Spreading Sunshine With The World Around Us!...Each & Every Day!...We Are Inspired By Others Layouts...& MrsPeel's Layout...Is Evidence Of Exactly This Concept...

*For My Calm,Connected,Creativity Layout-I Used:

*Blue Skies Ahead:Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
*Abstract Assemblage 01:Letter Size-Rachel Jefferies
*Let It Go-Rachel Jefferies
*Pocket Art Signature Series Kit No.5-Rachel Jefferies
*What A Wonder-Mini-Rachel Jefferies
*You Are Magical-Rachel Jefferies
*April 2020 Designer Challenge Template-Rachel Jefferies
willambre, JenEm, marijke and 5 others like this.
    • SeattleSheri
      Wow, this is so fabulous!!! I love it to pieces!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh Rhonda..... you always manage to make a gloomy, grey day into a sunny , joyful one!!!!!!!!! First of all, thank YOU so so much for choosing to lift a page of mine, in itself is an honor, and then that page was made with so much love, and then not only you made it your own, but you give us the background thoughts that brought you to your page...... I love knowing more about how your mind works, you know we are alike in many ways and this is a beautiful, amazing way in which we can connect and learn from each other and support one another despite the distance......
      Thank you so so much for the honor, and , oh, my...what a marvelous page you produced!!!!!
      sharing because it is a master class of how much we can learn, how much the art of each of us can be transformed into a master class, LOVE this, so so much!!!!!!!

into the June Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
      Lillyia and RJMJ like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      totally wowzers!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Ferdy
      WOW!! this page just blew my mind! amazing!!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • flowersgal
      A true work of art. The shadow of the extracted girl is amazing and all the colorful goodies add to the fun. Well deserved Froggy Favorite.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @MrsPeel @SeattleSheri ... @Angela Toucan ... @Ferdy @flowersgal ...Thank You! All So Much For Your Kind & Wonderful Comments!...So Nice To See You All Stopping By To Visit!...Kind Of Like Friends & Neighbors!...Such Wonderful Scrappers You All Are!...Feeling So Happy & Grateful!...Have A Great Day! & Take Care & Be Safe Everyone!!!... :bk...
    • RJMJ
      @MrsPeel ...I Left You A Heartfelt Thank You! Over At The FF Thread!...I Have So Much Respect For You As A Person & As A Scrapper!...Thank You!...This Means So Much!...Glad To See You Here Again!...Once Again! You Made My Day A Better One! & You Spread Some More "SUNSHINE" Of Your Own Around Me & Around Here...As You Always Do!!!...:ballonhang...:bk...:heartslub...
    • mywisecrafts
      This is amazing and inspiring.Thank you for sharing... so glad this has already been recommended for the June Froggy Fave....definitely deserves to be highlighted there!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...Hi There!...Thank You! So Much For Stopping By & Leaving Such A Heartfelt Comment!...
    • LynnG
      This jumped right out of the gallery at me, so bright and so fun
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 10, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    242.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).