RJMJ

Scraplift Challenge-February-MOC8 Gallery-One With Nature:One's True Nature

Scraplift Challenge-February-MOC8 Gallery-One With Nature:One's True Nature
RJMJ, Feb 8, 2020
Description:
Whoa!...So Many Incredible Layouts In The MOC8 Gallery!!!...It Took Me Quite Awhile To Choose One...But As Per Usual My Eyes Kept Going Back To An Amazing Layout That was Created By Our Very Own MrsPeel ...WOW!...I Think I Must Have Been Crazy To Think That I Could Scraplift One Of The Queen's Of The Lilypad's Layout...But Since We Have Become Friends...I Feel That If I Screw It Up...She Hopefully Won't Be Too Harsh On Me...But In All Seriousness...My Admiration For Her Abilities As A Scrapper & As A Human Being...I Can Only Aspire To Be...She Is A Constant Source Of Kindness,Support & Inspiration For Me...So I May Have Took On A Beast Of A Layout Here To Scraplift...But The Creative Heart Wants What The Creative Heart Wants...

*Here's The Link To MrsPeel's Wonderful Layout:

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/moc2020_26_72.423537/

*............And Now...The Rest Of The Story:

*First Of All I Was Inspired By Her Wonderful Photo...As Some Of You May Know...I Never Take Photos Of Myself Much Less Scrap About Them...The First One In Quite Awhile Was For The Selfie Challenge For MOC8...I Struggled With This...I Couldn't Figure Out How To Do This...It Took Me A Long Time Just To Get A Photo That Wasn't All Screwed Up...Eventhough I Settled On A Photo...I Filtered It HEAVILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I Wasn't Pleased At All...So This Is A Milestone For Me...I Experimented Some More & Took A Bunch More Selfies...A Couple Of Days Ago...So Eventhough You Can't See My Face...This Is An Actual Photo Of Little Ole Me!!!...Using The Mirror To Try & Learn How To Take Selfies...I Didn't Capture Any Good Face Shots Yet...But This Is A Giant Leap Forward For Me To Use An Actual Photo Of Myself In A Layout...So There's That Story...

The Next Thing That Struck Me Was All The Blue Of Course...And All Her Writing To The Left...So I Used A Lot Of Blue In My Layout Too...Similar In Tone But A Bit Less Of A Statement That Is...& I Used The Writing From A Paper To Create My Own Written Effect In The Background...& Of Course Her Rather Large WA...I Did That Too...Her Use Of The Blue Paint Also...Inspired All The Blue Paints & Brushes That I Used In My Layout As Well...Her Red Hair...My Red Hair...And The Use Of All The Dramatic Circles & Circle Imagery...Me Too...

Now MrsPeel Peel Only Has A Hint Of Green In Her Layout...But I Took That To The Extreme & Used A Lot Of Different Shades Of Green...The Daisy & The Watermelon Made Me Think Of Summer & Nature & The Outdoors...And All Those Soft Blues & Splashes Reminded Me Of The Sea...And So My Background Lends To That Very Theme...Soft Blues...Plus I Added A School Of Oh! So Cute Adorable Blue Fishies!!!...And Of Course The Splashes Of Black & Red I Used...To Pick Up The Rest Of The Colors She Used So Beautifully...And Eventhough There Wasn't A Lot Of Yellow/Orange Used In Her Layout...Orange Is A Derivative Of Red...& Her Layout Made Me Smile & Feel Happy...So For Me...Those Soft Washed Oranges Were The Perfect Compliment To The Soft Sea-Like Greens & Blues That Are The Most Prominent Colors In My Completed Layout...

So Hopefully I Did This Scraplift Justice...I Am Completely Happy That I Went Outside My Own Comfort Zone...By Using My Own Photo...And Also Thanks! To MrsPeel ...She Has Given Me The Courage To Take Some Creative Risks & Trust My Own Creative Instincts More...And Do What Feels Right & Stay True To My Own Creative Scrappy Heart & "Explore" What That Means To Me...

*The Word "Explore" Is My Mantra & Word For 2020...& It Is Also My Avatar For The Lilypad For 2020...*

*For My One With Nature:One's True Nature Layout-I Used:

*Fear Not/From The Rooftops/A Quiet Place-Bundle & All New-Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
*M3-April 2019-Thrive-Earth-Natural-Rachel Jefferies
*M3-February 2019-Whole-Hearted-Follow-Life
*M3-June 2019-Ocean-Energize-Therapy

*I Further Used-M3-June 2019/M3-February 2019 & Fear Not-Alphas To Create The Word Art "Nature"...With Some Pieces Obviously Recolored To Match My Layout...*
mywisecrafts, MrsPeel and KarenB like this.
    • KarenB
      Oh that is my all time favourite quote!!! Love the central photo with all the green emanating from it. I really like the AJ feel and the little fish are so sweet! Another fabulous layout from you. Love it! :beat
      RJMJ likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      OMG Rhonda!!!!! you have me almost in tears here, my lovely!!!!!!!!!

You have done more than awesome!!!!!!!!! as you do, you grab the spirit of the page and do a great job with your own heart and passion!!!!!! love the explosion of green, the wonderful bits and pieces with the word strips, the way you gave it light t5hat seems to explode in burst and almost feel some sunshine coming through!!!!!! absolutely amazing!!!!!!! need to go now for a bit, but I am almost done with your drawing!!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub
      RJMJ likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      First, I love the explosion of color! The design has an outward flow...starts towards the center and moves out. Which is rather cool (and now I'm like hmmm...how to create that effect?).

Next, I take in all the green...and have much love for the earthy feel to the layout. But then I notice the little fishies and realize your layout pays homage to all of Mother Nature, not just the leafy green spots.

And oddly enough, I read the quote last. The ah-ha moment. Much love for Mother Nature and macro photography of plants and flowers. Yep...gets me back to center.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • jk703
      RJMJ! This is wonderful, and so pretty! You really lifted her layout wonderfully and made it your own! AND a picture of YOU! :beat I'm honored, and I know Cynthia is too! Your description of her is spot on too! More: beat Your descriptions of how you came about your layout are so detailed - it's so interesting to see how our mind works!
      MrsPeel and RJMJ like this.
    • RJMJ
      @MrsPeel @KarenB @ArmyGrl @jk703 ...OMG!...I Love You All So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm Almost Moved Beyond Words![Well...Almost...Technically...I'm Never At A Loss For Words...]...Thanks! To All Of You! For Your Constant Support & Encouragement!...I Feel So Very Blessed To Be Here...& A Part Of The Best Scrapbooking Family!...All Of These Wonderful & Moving Comments! Have Touched My Heart!...You Have No Idea How Important All Of My Relationships Are That I Have Here!!!...You All ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Hugs & Hearts & To All Of You!!!...:grouphug...:heartslub...:yourock...:happydance2...
      MrsPeel and KarenB like this.
    • MrsPeel
      Rhonda, you got me all tearful again, girl!!!!! I tell you something though..... we DO have an idea of how important the relationships we make here are ....because we feel the SAME WAY!!!!! I am sure you have heard (read) me saying I could be dead if not for my special people here... scrapbooking really REALLY saved my life, not just the action of scrapping, but the community, specially here at The Pad, you save me from myself every time.... with your pages, with the things we learn from each other, the encouragement that makes me feel I am not that useless after all......... so, yes, my dear girl, I DO< WE DO know how important it is, because we feel the same way.
      I love that you always make an effort to explain your process and you are grateful beyond words...so, know that we (I am SURE I can speak for Jenn too) are grateful for YOU..... having you as part as the Pad\'s family is an honor and a blessing........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE you!!!!!!!
      [​IMG]
      RJMJ and jk703 like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Feb 8, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count: