Karen

Rough Start

Rough Start
Karen, Oct 2, 2016
Description:
My poor 12 year old has had a rough start to his school year. Thankfully it's gotten a little better as he is learning to adjust to the new level of homework and figuring out how to fit in homework around sports.

Artsy Journal Templates 13 by Scrapping with Liz
Hall Pass Elements by Kristin Aagard
Hall Pass Papers by Kristin Aagard
Tweenage School Daze Elements by Mommyish
Tweenage School Daze Papers by Mommyish
Willamahoo Papers by Amy Wolff
Circa Papers by Sara Gleason
The Mary Kate by Heather Joyce
    • StefanieS
      My goodness, the poor dear. Love the rough title font - it sets the scene perfectly. Stunning memory keeping in the heartfelt journaling. It will become more and more special as the years go by.
      Karen likes this.
    • chickypow
      Same thing here. My son is a goalie and made the Rep hockey team. So 3 practices a week (one at 5:15 am) and 2-4 games per weekend. It's tough to get the homework, down time and sleep all balanced with sports. I love this LO and can totally relate. The title work is awesome!
      Karen likes this.
    • MandaKay
      This is a struggle with us too. In a way it breaks my heart at this young to see the struggle already of having to find balance and manage time to much, but they are all life lessons preparing them for later. Wish they could just be kids though! Great LO to document it!
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @MandaKay My thoughts exactly! I struggle with thinking that he should just quit everything except school so he can be a kid, but I think this is the reality of being a kid these day sadly.
      MandaKay likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      you know I have always been a super fan of yours......this kind of page is one of the reasons I love you so much..... to have the events documented the way you do, is such a treasure, not only are you an amazing set of parents, but you also capture every bit of life in a way that you all will be able to go back in time and know how far you have come, and how much you dealt with events as a family with all your strength.... this page is perfect in every way: the composition/take on the template is marvelous, your colors speak, the tittle work reflects the struggle from the start, and your more than amazing journaling makes the visual awesome side of the page gain even more awesomeness... I don't remember Saruita getting much homework in primary, then in secondary and collage she was always late with written work...even though when she gave handed the work it wa`s almost brilliant, she could have suffered for not respecting deadlines.... she was lucky that both were performing arts so her performance in practical subjects made up for that....but I wish I had stuck my foot more like you sometimes, you are an amazing mum, and as amazing scrapper, always. LOVE this...... into the Froggy Faves!!!!!
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @MrsPeel Aw... thank you so much Cynthia. You are the absolute best commentor ever. Thanks for the Froggy Fav too. You just brightened my day!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      great pages deserve great comments!!!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
      Karen likes this.
    • HeatherB
      What a great page documenting the difficulties in his balancing time for getting his homework done. Love the angle and the title work.
      Karen likes this.
    • Shivani
      @Karen What a fabulous page; and a well deserved froggy favourite!!!! My heart goes out to your little one; its not easy being a kid sometimes. Love that big title font. Can you tell me what it is? It'll be perfect for school pages. Thanks!
    • Karen
      @Shivani I kept forgetting to open the .psd and look up this font for you... but I did this morning. It is called Octember Script and is free at dafont. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Karen
    Date:
    Oct 2, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    337.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).