BLKinOR

Remembering Good Eats

Remembering Good Eats
BLKinOR, Oct 13, 2022
Description:
I used a Simple Scrapper member template along with Forever Joy Farmers Market.
AnEnglishLady, MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
    • umyesh
      I love rhubarb! I agree that the tapioca pudding is the best (we call it “red mush” in my family). I enjoyed reading about your family’s history with rhubarb and like the way you split the journaling into three numbered paragraphs. I also like how you used the “good eats” paper.
    • BLKinOR
      @umyesh , thank you, especially when you noticed pieces that I consciously considered as I made this layout. The title in the template was layered on top of the large photo. That wouldn't work for me because I wanted to highlight that awesome photo and not cover any of it. So I decided to work with the "good eats" paper. It didn't work well as the background so that left using it as a frame where I played with both size and placement. I was loosely trying to tell three parts of the story which were separated by time: the origin, the fun my father had, & the sharing of the rhubarb plants so I loved the three numbers.

My dad still harvests from my brother's bed and gives it to his friends at the retirement community. I think they use it for pies at a spring bake sale where it is beloved anew for it's taste and color, same as before. I guess that's really part 4 of the story. There are more stories about the raised bed gardening he does now at nearly 92.
      umyesh likes this.
    • umyesh
      @BLKinOR I’m so impressed he’s still gardening at age 92! That will be my mom; I get my rhubarb starts from her.
    • easyeyes4you
      I loved reading your journaling.. Such great memories... Lovely and unusual page... Who would have thought a whole page dedicated to rhubarb.
    • easyeyes4you
      @umyesh @BLKub OR I grew up on rhubarb also, but never heard of it as tapioca till reading this page!!!!
      umyesh likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I can't read the journaling (not sure you know, I have some neurological issues which make reading long paragraphs almost impossible without someone else's help, plus I'm old and my sight is not the best right now) but for what the girls are saying, the journaling is as great as the visual beauty here.... Funny fact: I didn't know rhubarb existed until I came to England (in my late 20s!!!) I reckon we must have it in South America by now, but in my times, not even mentioned at passing!!! LOVE it now, my mother in law (British) bought me many recipes, this captured me from far, gorgeous!!!!!
      into the October Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
    • HeatherB
      I have a piece of my mom's rhubarb in my perennial bed - it has bright red stalks and superior flavour. Sadly this summer it ended up dying off (after 10+ years), so I'll be getting a new piece from my mom next spring. Loved reading about your rhubarb history, the stories of how it started and how it progressed. Fantastic page design and love the "Good Eats" framing and the alpha choice for the numbers!
    • AnEnglishLady
      Getting the perfect photo of rhubarb can be so tricky. I love how you used a stock photo, as this is not the personal part of the layout. The important part is the journaling. I love how you split this journaling into three numbered parts, breaking down a large section of text into manageable parts, but then drew them back together with the repetition of the word 'remembering'.
      #Journaling #Remembering #stockphoto
      Hashtag Love Fun - Halloween Bash 2022
      Come join the fun!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    BLKinOR
    Date:
    Oct 13, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    550px
    Date / Time:
    2022:10:13 17:05:00

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).