meterr

October Template Challenge

October Template Challenge
meterr, Oct 9, 2021
Description:
Please, no offense intended!
I am using some old photos of a Halloween party my grandparents attended in the mid-1930s. Things were different then. This party was way before political correctness. You'll see George Burns about to smack his wife Gracie Allen. It was a comedy routine back then. Bonnie and Clyde went on a crime spree a few years before this party. W.C Fields was a comedian who did not like children and joked about it, and we all see Hitler here. I believe my grandfather is top center, dressed as a woman. The partygoers were dressing like popular people, even if they were a bit infamous. I think they were trying to defuse the seriousness and have a bit of fun.
Credit to:
Paula Kesselring free template
Pink Reptile Designs Spooky kit
    • bellbird
      wasn't life different! i love the authentic vintage tones with the bright halloween colours and pumpkin ellie!
      meterr likes this.
    • trekmom
      I love these photos! Wonderful use of the template. Great way to keep these fun memories alive.
      meterr likes this.
    • cfile
      Fantastic page Terri!! I love that you are scrapping old family party photos.. I love looking at the history reflected in them.. Love the fun and creativity of their costumes.. Thanks for playing along with the October Template challenge. Well done!
      meterr likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    meterr
    Date:
    Oct 9, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    188 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).