flowersgal

Oct2018_Style Chall_web

Oct2018_Style Chall_web
flowersgal, Oct 2, 2018
Description:
Oct 2018 - Style challenge
Supplies:
Etc by Danyale - Abundant (flower & leaves)
Lynn Grieveson - Layer-up photo spots 1
One Little Bird - Chestnut Lane
NBK - Precious - magic lights
Pink Reptile Designs - Daily routine (paper)
Electra, frani_54 and cinderella like this.
    • MariSt
      Wow. Heartbreaking. so sorry.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • mcurtt
      So sad... I am sure you would have cherished any of those photos, but you did what you were asked. Beautiful journaling. My mother had a massive stroke to the brain stem and lasted almost a year. I have a few photos from that period, but I refuse to look at them, they make me cry.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • Tree City
      I'm so sorry, not just for your mother's loss but also for those missed photo opportunities. But you've taken it and turned it into a layout that tells your story in your way, and that is lovely.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • easyeyes4you
      That is a terribly sad story... I wish people could sometimes see things from the other persons perspective... Her wishes, made it so hard for her family... Had a very different but similar experience this past weekend... Celebrating the fall Birthdays of my grand daughter #2 and oldest great granddaughter age 13... They were seated side by side on the love seat , and I had the camera set up on a tri pod in front of them... trying to get them to smile for the camera, all they wanted to do was goof off... Later my grand daughter , age 25 took me on about always wanting smiling photos... even when she did not! I still do not really understand where she was coming from but she was passionate about it! NO forced smiling photos!
    • easyeyes4you
      @mcurtt I was that way when my husband was dying from cancer... it had taken a young looking man of 62 and turned him old... I cringe when I do look at the few photos taken of him during the last year of his life... He would be 83 now and I think he looks that age in those last photos.
      flowersgal and mcurtt like this.
    • flowersgal
      @mcurtt, @easyeyes4you. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Perhaps there was wisdom in my mother's request. Although I can remember her during that illness, it is only in my head with no visual reminders to make me sad, only photos from happier times.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Electra
      I totally understand your mother's wishes, but I also think it's important that we leave our own image for our family. I am so sorry for your loss and how quickly it took place. This is a powerful page and cannot have been easy to do.
    • Nemla
      I am very moved by your page. I am sorry you do not have any casual photos of your mum, but she was right as regards "last days in the life of " photos, no one wants to be remembered that way. Yes it is part of the circle of life, yes we should see life as it really is, but when it is a close relative ,it only brings grief. My hubby took a photo of his very ill dad 2days before he died. Now in my head when I think of him that is the only image I see.
      Your page says more than a thousand pictures.
    • JenEm
      This is such a heart-wrenching story. I am touched by your journaling, and I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it is very hard to respect the wishes of those we love. Your layout evokes so many emotions in me. Such a powerful page, and so heartfelt. I am glad that you have photos of your mother from happier times. Hugs. :beat
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Oct 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    172.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).