Sharon-Dewi

New Folding Bike

New Folding Bike
Sharon-Dewi, Jan 11, 2022
Description:
MOC January 10 - 10 Photos that Relate

These 10 photos all tell the story of how I was able to cut my traveling time almost in half by purchasing a folding bike. I never owned a folding bike before, but I found that it makes life so much easier! Instead of walking from home to the train station and again from the train station to the Technical University where I teach (which I was doing for 3 years ever since I moved to Dordrecht), I can now cycle to and from the train stations and take the bike folded with me in the train to travel between the two cities.
To pick up the folding bike I had to go to a city I had never been before, across the water, and I could take the water bus with the new bike on my way home, which I had never done before. So, this experience brought me many "firsts" and I can't image ever going to the university with another mode of transportation.

Journaling reads:
I had responded to a "Marktplaats" (an online store for buying and selling second hand products) advertisement for this beautiful folding bike and was able to pick it up the next day.
By cycling to and from the train with the new folding bike, I save half an hour of travel time per trip.

(I don't know if it's very visible, but I've included numbers from a wooden alpha on both the map as near the corresponding photos. These numbers also correspond to the list with journaling underneath.)

0. Traveling from Dordrecht to Zwijndrecht by bus
1. Picking up the folding bike from the seller
2. Taking the water bus for the very first time to cross the Maas river
3. With the Big Church in sight, I know I'm almost home
4. With a folded bike next to me in the train to Delft
5. Cycling from the train station of Delft to the Technical University
6. Folding bike in the bicycle shed at the faculty of Industrial Design

To create this layout I used the "Travelogue" collection by Elif Sahin Designs.
MrsPeel and esahin like this.
    • keepscrappin
      never heard of a folding bike, but it sure sounds handy for getting around town and taking on public transportation... way to scrap it!
    • MrsPeel
      you are looking as beautiful as always!!! I know how amazing it can be, there were a few models here (London) some 15 years ago, Sarita almost got one (but she is lazy and I still had the car to drive her around LOL) love the tucked in bike, the layered buts on the top left, as usual, you shine !!!!!
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!! [​IMG]
    • Skivvy
      Love your page! It gives such an insight. I wish we could do this in our country, but alas.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Sharon-Dewi
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    759.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).