jazzmatazz

My Mom, The Southern Beauty

My Mom, The Southern Beauty
jazzmatazz, Aug 2, 2018
Description:
My mother is a Southern belle through and through. Her accent has faded living in the Midwest, but her etiquette, grace, and beauty have not. She always has a genteel way "keeping the peace" so as not to offend anyone. I struggled for months with this layout because I never felt I had captured her grace and charm well enough. Then I stumbled upon Rebecca McMeen's art, and it all came together.

Thank you so much for looking!

Credits:
Carson, Tansy Teagarden, Dulce, Donovan by Rebecca McMeen
Sprinkles No. 40 by Valorie Wibbens
O Sole Mio by Pink Reptile Designs
Featured No. 1 Freebie by Designs by Soco
Lens Flares No. 1 by Katie Pertiet

Fonts: infinita, javacom
    • Serena
      Oh Miss Jazz!!! This is GORGEOUS! I love the photo and the way you've captured it! I was raised in Texas so I relate to how she was! I just keep looking at it, I've been working on this comment for a bit now, going back up and staring and admiring! Great page!!! <3
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • flowersgal
      This is wonderful and I so enjoyed your journaling about your mom -- just wish you had found room for that on the page itself.
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • cfile
      oh gosh this is GORGEOUS Jazz! I really love this... the blend and then the smaller version of the photo of your beautiful Mom. Everything you chose compliments the photos and your treatment so well!! The photo just pops! I too have some photos of my Mom like this where they were sepia and looked like they were painted in... this is just absolutely stunning! Also an Aug. Froggy Fav!!! [and i hope you take this as a compliment, as it is meant that way... this page reminds me of a country western album cover around the time of Hank Williams... it just has that wonderful vibe to me... Beautiful!!]
    • jenn mccabe
      such a treasure! and way cool design/compositon too! congrats on that FF - well deserved!
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What everyone else said! I really love those repeating triangles and you making use of one of them with your mother's stunning photo repeated.
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • Rikki
      Beautiful! I really like this photo and can see why you struggled with it. Just too good, right? Looking at it F. Scott Fitzgerald comes to mind.
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • Soco
      What a beautiful layout!!! Your Mom is so beautiful!!! And I loved your words about her! This is a precious layout!
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • meterr
      I LOVE using vintage photos but I often find they are so small you can't really see detail, and that makes me sad. I love how you made her photo large, then smaller. Id LOVE to scraplift your idea :)
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • JillW
      What a gem of a photo to have of your beautiful Mother! You've scrapped it perfectly!! So very creative - with superb blending!
      jazzmatazz likes this.
    • jazzmatazz
      @Serena, @flowersgal, @jenn mccabe, @mcurtt, @Rikki, @Soco, @meterr, @JillW
      Thank you all for your gracious comments. They mean a great deal to me, especially on this tribute to my mom.

@cfile Thank you so very much for the Froggy Fave nomination! My first one!!! :dance I truly appreciate your sweet comments. And, yes, I take is as compliment and completely see where you get that.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    jazzmatazz
    Date:
    Aug 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    131.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).