ArmyGrl

MSMD MOC 5

MSMD MOC 5
ArmyGrl, Jan 5, 2019
Description:
Created for MOC 2019 Challenge 5: Inspiration Board.

My five points of inspiration were:
1. The color palate: I used Sabrina’s Creations and Rachel Jefferies JAN BYOCs, A New Start and Make Art and Journal No2, respectively.
2. The double exposure (upper left on inspiration board): I took a picture of of next semester’s textbooks, then clipped them to a photo of me. I ran “lighten” blend mode to create a double exposure effect.
3. The quote: “Never let your fear decide your future.”
4. The flowers: The inspiration board has a cluster of flowers, so do I.
5. The text over the lady's head (bottom left of inspiration board): I had enough text on my layout; however I was inspired by the text on the lady’s head. So, I used a galaxy grunge texture from Tangie’s Excavations over my head. I erased away areas I did not want. And, I used a mask to soften/darken other areas to give depth.

Next, "Create a page that focuses on a hope, dream or goal that you want to achieve:” I am working on my Masters in Science, Molecular Diagnostics. I start my 3rd semester Jan 14th (thus, I may not be able to complete this year’s MOC, we’ll see). This next semester is going to be tough. The material will be hard. Fun. But hard. My inspiration is to not give in to fear and self-doubt. I CAN DO THIS!
    • mcurtt
      I love the explanation of your thought process for selecting items for your layout, also the details for your process. Such a cool page! Good luck with your next semester.
    • Christina W
      Girl you are going to show that Masters who’s boss! I *know* you’ve got this! Great page too!
    • SeattleSheri
      I just adore everything about this page! Seriously, I could go on and on!! Amazing!!!
    • patsyt
      Wonderful page! Love the angles!
    • *gina*
      fantastic page - love it!
    • CharlotteM
      stunning!!! such a cool and striking page, soooo perfectly done, love all about it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).