dbregant

MOC9 Day 2 Why I Scrap

MOC9 Day 2 Why I Scrap
dbregant, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
papers, elements and Alpha bits from: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Retrospective.html
Top paper from: https://the-lilypad.com/store/A-Second-Chance-Barely-There-Papers.html
Journal says: The evolution of my scrapbooking over 30 years went from the horrible non-archival photo pages with sticky backs to pre-printed baby books to creating paper layouts in 12x12 scrapbooks to printing digital layouts. As a child, I admired my oldest cousin who created the most beautiful scrapbooks with calligraphy journaling. I would beg her to bring her masterpieces home from college so I could pour over them during summer vacation. Many years later I began applying those scrapbook techniques to my children's baby books. I paper-scrapped for 6 or 7 years when I was introduced to Creative Memories and was enchanted by the endless possibilities. While my incredible sister-in-law was bed-ridden at the end of her second pregnancy in 2008. I travelled home to Minnesota from Arizona to help her, my brother and three year old nephew during those last days. I remember sitting in her room and she taught me to use Photoshop Elements while we watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on t.v. She has been my constant mentor during my progression in digi-scrapping and we schedule several times a year to have a "Scrapbook date" (including iNSD and DSD) across the miles and share our creations via The Lilypad. Last year I was able to schedule a trip to join her, her Aunties and cousins for a Scrap weekend at an Air BNB and plan another trip this year. I started scrapbooking to record my kid's milestones and our family experiences, but best of all I share a hobby with my precious sister.
katell likes this.
    • extase
      i like so much your papers layers and title.
    • Angela Toucan
      pretty layering and title work
    • HeatherB
      That is wonderful that you share this hobby with your sister. Love the layered patterned papers and the strip of leaves and camera/phones across the top of the page. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • jjpederson125
      Love the coloring of your page, and your title work is so very eye catching! I love sharing this hobby with you too!!!
      dbregant likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      What an amazing story, to be able to share the love of scrapbooking with family...as in create together!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    dbregant
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    820.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).