sgleason_yes_pp4
APennington_No_PP (3)
lgrieveson_yes_BLOGHOP_banner
soco_yes_wordbit04
paulakesselring_MakersGonnaMake_7
bbonneville-no-frame
sgleason_yes_bloghop_stamprecommend

Journalling reads:
I started paper scrapping in 2003 after Judi introduced me to this great hobby. I have loved every minute of playing with paper, scissors and glue but in the last year have switched to “the dark side” and started digital scrapping. This is for a number of reasons really:

1. I ran out of shelf space for all my paper layouts.. all 2367 of them!

2. I can't stop scrapping as it's a great stress reliever and so digital made sense.

3. With Digital Scrapping I can scrap on the go - I scrap on a tablet using PixelLab and can take it with me wherever I go... I am not bound to a desk

4. There is no mess with digi scrapping... hehehe. This is definitely a plus as I don't have to tidy up. I can just close my tablet and call it a day!

5. Yes I do miss playing with ink and doing lots of techniques, but I have learnt how to incorporate some of these in my digi layouts now too. I am keeping very close to my same style of scrapping just with a few adjustments.

6. Printing a book for the year, plus any kits that I buy, does add up but when I look at how much I spent on paper scrapping it's about the same cost. There isn't must difference in the budget department!

7. The huge plus however is that I get a LOT more in a digi kit for the same or less than a paper kit cost, plus I get to keep the goodies forever and can use them over and over and over again... oh and I never run out of e's in my alphabet stickers.... hehehehe.

8. I can also scrap photos over and over again using different kits everytime until I eventually decide that it's time to print. If I don't want to print a layout I don't have to... but it is a memory scrapped.

These are just some of the reasons why I digi scrap... there are lots more and the reasons will ever evolve depending on where I am and what I am doing. For now, scrapping makes me happy and the memories are kept alive.
Dalis likes this.
    • Dalis
      @CathQuillScrap Girl, these colors are gorgeous! I can't read your journaling but that is me being nosy. LOL!!! I am not sure if you wrote the number count of your journaling in the Challenge post, but just a reminder in case.

Seriously, love how you utilized that paper so well with the triangles! It is so well balanced!
    • HeatherB
      I'm impressed with how prolific you were with paper scrapping...did I read that right? 2367 pages? Wow! I love the triangle blocks of solid colour and the banner shape echoing that. And love seeing a picture of you scrapping. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • CathQuillScrap
      @Dalis Have added my journalling above to make it easier. I was wondering if it was too small.
      Dalis likes this.
    • CathQuillScrap
      @HeatherB Yes Heather you read that number correctly... that is from 2003 till 2020 but the layouts span 1963 (my parent's wedding) to 2016. I switched to purely digital pages from my 2017 album.
      HeatherB likes this.
    • Dalis
    • Dalis
      @CathQuillScrap What a treat it was to read your journaling! OMG... that's a lot of pages! wow! I do love that our digi supplies go forever until the HD dies. so backup girl and so glad you joined the dark side. LOL!!!
    • CathQuillScrap
      @Dalis Don't apologise...I'm the same... curiosity stole the cat and all. I was just not sure if it was legible enough to post without it.
      Dalis likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    CathQuillScrap
    Date:
    Jan 3, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    566.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).