garrynkim

MOC6-26

MOC6-26
garrynkim, Jan 27, 2018
Description:
Supplies used:
Dawn Inskip: Farm Adventures-https://the-lilypad.com/store/Farm-Adventures-Collection-incl-FWP-Brushes-and-Stamps.html
Jounaling:

Grandpa always has and always will be a farm boy, a cowboy, a getter done boy. He grew up farming and kept the dream alive as he was raising his seven boys. He and grandma lived on the farm at Ladd, he worked for the railroad for a living, but farmed for the loving. He always wanted a ranch and so he and his older brother Leo bought a ranch together. My uncle Dennis and his family lived on the ranch and ran it for them. It was named KL Ranches for King Leo, and KL was the brand he used to mark his cattle. The ranch was a glorious 10,000 acres of beauty. After Grandpa retired from the rail road he farmed full time. Branding was always a big adventure and we had lots of uncles, aunts and cousins helping. Grandpa was always involved. Even as he got older, he couldn’t not help. Towards the end of his years on this earth, he was slow and walked with a cane. One day it was branding time once again and Grandpa had become the designated “gate” man, in charge of opening the gate for the cows. It was pretty muddy that day and we were all parked outside the fence by the barn. I, my younger siblings and some younger cousins were inside the fence when we saw the two big bulls starting to fight. Grandpa told us to all run and get on the other side of the fence. When we were safe, we looked at the fighting bulls and saw grandpa with his cane standing right up to them. He was waving his cane at them and saying…”Stop it now, shoo, shoo, shoo” we were all yelling at my dad to stop him and get grandpa out of harm’s way! But the bulls head him, stopped fighting and went happily away!! We were all in awe at Grandpa’s power over the bulls. They knew him and obeyed!
MrsGaramer likes this.
    • Iowan
      I love your story and 10,000 acres- I can't imagine. I like the blend for your text and the perfect photo. The chicken wire is a great touch. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      garrynkim likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    garrynkim
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    141.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    864px
    Height:
    864px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).