merank

MOC6-26-1981

MOC6-26-1981
merank, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
Lilypad Collab - I'll Be There For You
Just Jaimee - June 2017 Storyteller (arrows)

Journaling
In September 1991, I transferred to public high school for my junior year. I had been in private school since kindergarten and I only knew a few neighborhood kids who were either a year ahead or a year behind me. I made a few friends in my homeroom those first few days at my new school and I became part of their group of friends. One of their other friends was Tammy. Shortly thereafter, Tammy and I became friends and then best friends for the remainder of high school and for many years after school.

One day when we were hanging out, Tammy pulled out this photo from 1981 and I freaked out and asked her where she got it. She was confused as to why I was yelling at her and said she was in this photo and that I should try to find her. I yelled back but I'm in this photo, find me. Turns out we were in dance class together when we were little and didn't even know it. We had already been friends for months at this point and now had something else to connect us. It became our funny story that was told many times when people asked about our friendship.

As we got older, this story was still told just about every time Tammy and I got together. I can't even count how many times this story has been told over the years. Tammy and I have since grown apart and rarely talk or see each other any more. Seeing this picture now brings back more memories of Tammy and high school than it does memories of dance class when I was six years old. But even now, after all these years, whenever her name comes up, so does this story.
    • Electra
      Your terrific photo caught my eye! Great LO and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story!
      merank likes this.
    • Iowan
      How fun that you "found" each other. Love your journaling and what a great photo. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      merank likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    merank
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).