ArmyGrl

MOC5_PiecesOfMe

MOC5_PiecesOfMe
ArmyGrl, Jan 5, 2023
Description:
Created for MOC11- Day 5 - Multiple Photos

I took a huge risk with this challenge by stacking my 3 photos one on top of the other. The top photo uses Lynn Grieveson's Ripped and Stitched templates to create "holes" so that the other two photos can be seen below.

Also created with Rachel Jefferies and Lynn Grieveson's Hear My Voice: No3 Healing and Lynn's Textual Layered Transfers No3.

The minimum requirement for Day 5 is to use three photos in your layout that tell a story; and explain the story if it is not obvious.

3 photos used - check

Story - I know it is not obvious, but it is heartfelt and very meaningful to me. I choose to tell my story in more of an abstract way with the photos. The story is about aging and how I've changed over the last few years. The top photo was taken in 2016 and bottom two in 2021 and 2022. The top photo has very few grey hairs and I wore contact lenses all the time. Now, my hair has lots of grey and I seldom wear contact lenses due to presbyopia. I used to take selfies all the time and use them in art. Now, I seldom take selfies because I am not happy with this older me (recent layouts use pictures from the past rather than pictures of today). The journaling on the page is a reminder to myself to move past vanity, and love myself, even now.

Yes, I could have used the photos separately in the layout rather than stacking them...but with MOC11 being more open, I want to create art that is meaningful to me, in my voice. The stacked photos represent layers of me, one on top of the other. I imagine ripping through that top layer to reveal what is beneath - who I am today.

Original three photos:
[​IMG]
    • KarenB
      This is brilliant! So creative. I am totally inspired to try this. I hear you about the ageing thing. I am trying to overcome it and scrap more photos of myself! I'm pretty sure it's only ourselves that worry about it. You look just beautiful to me! Wonderful layout :)
      Lisa B likes this.
    • KarenB
    • Roxana
      This is such an amazing idea!!! I love your interpretation of the challenge and the result is fabulous!
    • carrie1977
      Ummmmm...LISA!!! This is just...wow!!
    • cfile
      So very clever my dear... So glad too that you were given a Froggy Fav by Karen as it is so deserving.. this is awesome.. the combo of photos with tears and holes with newer visions of you peering through.. wow. Love everything about your page Lisa!
    • fruitysuet
      This is just amazing! The way you have used the photos by layering them to represent you over the years is so creative. A really beautiful and honest page.
    • Trish
      wow, wow, wow! This is frickin UHmazing! Well deserved FF. Your layouts are always a work of art and so inspiring. You are a rock star and I am a big fangirl of yours. This is so creative with all the layers and so honest of who we are becoming. I might have to scraplift this and take a selfie before I color my grays.
    • Lynnette
      So creative! I love the way your mind works, and it came out beautifully!
    • flowersgal
      You are over-the-top creative. I like your layout and also appreciate seeing the 3 original photos. Lisa, you can be proud of who you are today. Embrace the changes and blessings the years have brought and step out in your photos as the "today you."
    • StefanieS
      Gorgeous, well deserved froggie fave!
      Just delightful and thought provoking. LOVE it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).