KimJ

MOC5 : Day 8 : All About the Hair

MOC5 : Day 8 : All About the Hair
KimJ, Jan 17, 2017
Description:
For the MOC 5 January 8 Challenge (All About)

Journaling: Matthew wore fairly short "buzz cuts" from the time of his first professional haircut at age 3, up until he started high school. He would let it grow, and it was often fairly long by the time we got around to cutting it, but we always buzzed it back down.
About three years ago he decided to grow it out more intentionally and wear it longer on top. After that, it was a major ordeal every time he needed a haircut. He would put it off as long as possible and then almost always felt like they cut it too short, hating it until it had a couple of weeks to grow out. This year's back-to-school haircut was no exception. It looked really nice, but Mathew thought it was too short.
Little did we know how much starting JROTC would change the whole hair conundrum. Informed that he had two days to get it cut to military standards, Matthew went into Supercuts and took the plunge without hesitation. I was really surprised at how calm and accepting he was at the transformation. His hair actually looked even shorter in person than it appears in the photos. I braced for some serious complaining, but he was thrilled with the result.
He has since stated that if he doesn't stay in ROTC after high school he will probably let it grow back out, but, for now, I'm relishing the drama-free hair situation.
journaled: 1/16/17

Stapler, thin staple: Girl Friday Elements by Kim Jensen
Eraser, binder clip, notebooks, plastic clip, star doodle, ruler, hall pass: School Zone Plus Bundle by Kim Jensen
Pencil, tic tac toe, coffee stains, post-it: Morning Coffee Kit by Etc. by Danyale
Pen (recolored): Me Right Now Elements by Kim Jensen
Envelope, key: The Key to Happiness Elements by Kim Jensen
Face doodle: This Face - Doodled by Kim Jensen
File tabs, thick staple, paperclip: File It Away Set by Etc. by Danyale
Photo paper: Phrames by Kim Jensen
Key tag, playing card: Tag 'n Taggage by Kim Jensen
Background: #WoodBeGood v.1 by Allison Pennington
Fonts: Pea Swimmy Script by Kevin & Amanda's Fonts for Peas, The Hammer Head and The Katie M by Heather Joyce, Bell MT by Monotype
    • cfile
      What an awesome page Kim!! I love your documenting and well done re the haircut and photos.. I love the mix of papers and elements here.. feels so "real" :)
      KimJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designer Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    KimJ
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).