jjpederson125

MOC5-8

MOC5-8
jjpederson125, Jan 14, 2017
Description:
Journaling says:
Each summer, our family gathers to freeze sweet corn. It’s been happening for decades as my parents recall stories of freezing corn with my Great Grandma. As young children, our duties on corn day were washing the corn cobs to remove the silks and emptying the pails of cut cobs. As we got older we got the opportunity to drive the lawn mower that had the trailer of “done” cobs attached to it and we would drive around the grove of trees and empty the trailer far from the house. As we have grown and have children of our own, my cousins and I claim we are prepared for more responsibility, like graduating to the “Cutting Team”. We discuss this as we stand at the sink...still on the “Wash Team”. We’ve taught our own children how to wash....we are ready to graduate to the next level.....but our mother’s claim otherwise, so we continue to wash. Grandma Joan was always the head cutter growing up so I guess it’s only right our moms continue their cutting roles a bit longer. Corn Day is one of my favorite family days of the year. We start at sun up and are hopefully done by supper time. We sweat, we laugh, we snack, and we get dirty but we have so much fun all together. We are always stunned when someone mentions they have never done corn before and they somehow married into the family without ever experiencing it. It really should be a prerequisite.....I hope “Corn Day” is something our family always does together. Family is God’s greatest blessing and I’m grateful to the generations before me that started this traditional (probably our of necessity, not realizing that they were creating one of the BEST Family Traditions ever)

Credits:
Sabrina Autumn Splendor Papers and Elements
FJ-The Plan EL-Ribbon and Path
    • bestcee
      That is so cool! I did corn once as a child, but it's not a family tradition. I love how you mentioned all the details about graduating to new jobs as you grow.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    jjpederson125
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).