ArmyGrl

MOC11_TimeForANewStory

MOC11_TimeForANewStory
ArmyGrl, Jan 30, 2021
Description:
Created for MOC 9 Day 11: Tell Me a Story. 517 word count.

I used Little Butterfly Wings M3 OCT 2020 add on.

It is time to write a new story. This one has run it's course. In 2020 I interviewed for and was selected for assignment to Tbilisi, Georgia. Donald and I packed up our bags, sold our house, our kayaks and got rid of a lot of furniture and "stuff" in preparation for our overseas assignment. Prepping in a COVID-19 environment was not easy. But we did it. We got passports, diplomatic passports, and finally our orders for overseas. We got Don's truck to Missouri and my Jeep to Ohio. We were two weeks out, in a Corporate Rental, and in quarantine, prepping for our flights. One week before we were to leave I received the devastating news that we were not going to Tbilisi. We were stuck in San Antonio. Really? After we sold our house. After ALL of our furniture and belongings were in permanent storage? After we wasted time and put mileage on our vehicles to get them to MO and OH? We were homeless, vehicle-less, and in a transient state. And now you want to tell me we are not going overseas? Luckily we were in a furnished Corporate Rental. They are very expensive, but the property manager was very understanding of our situation. Her husband was an Air Force pilot..and Don and I are good renters. Once we retrieved our vehicles from MO and OH, we worked on a more permanent rental situation. Margo had another house we could rent...it was larger and she was willing to come down on the price of the rental. The rental is furnished, but Don and I were able to get our household goods back. 85% of our stuff is still in boxes, unpacked, and in two spare bed rooms and the garage. Technically, we are still in a transient state and unsure what will happen next or where we will go. I failed to mention that Donald quit his job at the Zoo School in preparation for the Tbilisi assignment. In December he was able to get a new job at Hot Wells Conservatory. I am currently working at the Garcia Federal Building with the Lab Program Office. Our world has been seriously 100% turned upside down. We do our best to see what little positives there are in this. We are lucky to have family that helps us out (thats why I have pics of Dad up there). We are lucky to still be employed--that Don was able to find a new job. We are lucky that Margo worked with us and we are in a decent house, in a decent neighborhood at a decent price. There is still a lot of unknowns and uncertainty in our future. But, we sold our house BEFORE house prices went down. We sold on the high side--that is a plus. 2021 is going to be a hard year. So much change on the horizon. But we'll get by. WE have each other. And we are better off than others, financially. We'll get by. Just so much change all at once. Yeah, time for a new story.
chastml likes this.
    • bestcee
      Oh, man! That is such a hard situation! My friend's husband contracts with the military government, and they had something similar happen back in 2003 or 2004? Fast forward to this year, and they sold their house from overseas because they didn't want to be in that position again, and actually were sent out. I hope 2021 brings you a fabulous place that you can call your own, unpack, and enjoy. Are you scheduled to go overseas still?
    • artgalstyle
      WOW, you made this exciting leap of faith and were shot down. I applade you for getting up and trying to look on the bright side. Things sometimes work out better than we planned and I hope that for you both. Awesome page. Thanks for sharing!
    • ArmyGrl
      @bestcee I really do not know what is going to happen. I'll have a better feel for things after February (which right around the corner). Oversees is pretty much out, though.
      bestcee likes this.
    • bestcee
      @ArmyGrl That's rough! It's hard to be in that period of just waiting I bet. Hopefully you learn in early February and don't have to wait long!
    • Amson
      I admire your attitude and with this difficult situation and hope that you get some good news in February. I love your page design. Simple yet so striking.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    1035px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).