bjthomas

MOC11-14_JournalingTherapy_LifeInLimbo

MOC11-14_JournalingTherapy_LifeInLimbo
bjthomas, Jan 27, 2023
Description:
January 14: Journaling as Therapy

credits:
TLP collab: Compass; December Details Album by Fiddle-Dee-Dee

(journaled on 1/16) We have been living a very nomadic lifestyle for the past three months. We moved out of our Kalispell home at the end of October and spent the month of November traveling to and speaking in different churches - staying in a different home every weekend. In the in between times, we were loading all our stuff into a U-Haul, dropping it in Moses Lake, and then re-loading a new U-Haul and driving over to our “final” destination in Port Ludlow. We did our best to stay put in Port Ludlow during December and January, but we still squeezed a couple of trips in those months as well - one to Billings for David’s ordination interview and one more back to Kalispell to say a final good-bye to our kids. If my math is correct, we have slept in 13 different beds in 8 different cities since the middle of October!! While I knew that this was going to be our reality and I truly do love traveling and seeing new places, meeting new people, I have to admit that it has taken a toll on me, and I am pretty worn down. We haven’t had a “home” for over three months. Even when we were still living in our place in Kalispell, all our stuff had been packed up and we were basically living out of suitcases and trunks. We have our own space here in Port Ludlow, at my parents’ home (a studio apartment above their detached garage), but we are still living out of luggage, and we don’t have any of our own furniture here. I know there is hope on the horizon, and we will be landing in our new home city in just a couple of days, but even after landing, the nomadic lifestyle will continue. We will be sleeping in 3 different beds the first 3 nights that we are there. Yes, one of those beds will be at a nice resort at the beach where we are hoping to catch up on some R&R. But then as soon as we get back, we are off on a church retreat, once again meeting new people and staying in an unfamiliar place. Upon return from the retreat, we will be checking into the guesthouse for at least a month as we begin the process of apartment-hunting. I will be so grateful to finally find a place that we can call home again and settle down for longer than just a month!
LynnG likes this.
    • mocamom
      I’m sorry the first layout was too raw to post, but I hope that you felt better after journaling it. The purpose of this challenge wasn’t to make you expose your feelings to the world, just to yourself hehe so I call the first one a win :). I love this layout too and it sounds exciting, but like you said, also exhausting. I fully believe God is working through y’all to bless so many people and He will give you respite. I just pray that it’s soon :). Thank you for playing and I truly hope you are happy that you did so!!
      bjthomas likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    363.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).