Joan K

MOC Day 23.Happy Walls

MOC Day 23.Happy Walls
Joan K, Jan 26, 2017
Description:
Template - Fiddlesicks #2 https://the-lilypad.com/store/Fiddlesticks-Set-1-Digital-Scrapbook-Template.html
Collab kit - Pink Reptile and Paula Kesselring - We Are Moving https://the-lilypad.com/store/We-Are-Moving-Bundle.html
Hand prints - Bella Gypsy - Blue Skies and Mud Pies https://the-lilypad.com/store/Blue-Skies-Mud-Pies-Digital-Scrapbook-Kit.html
Font - KG When Oceans Rise

Journaling Text: Being a wall in an elevator shaft may not seem that exciting to most of you, but that is who I am! My base was formed with plywood, and rods called rebar were tied together to form the inside of the base before concrete was poured to create the mass. The rebar are similar to your skeleton and the concrete is strong like your muscles. Months later, I was built out of wood studs (yes, I am quite studly!!) that were covered with drywall which is like your skin. The drywallers taped my edges and corners before Joan painted my surface a beautiful shade of gray. I figured that once the elevator installers put in the elevator car and hardware, I would never be seen again. But, guess what? I was wrong about that. The Krebs family decided to put clear acrylic doors on the elevator car, so parts of me could be seen. Even better, Joan asked the young kids who are around here a lot to add their handprints to one part of me. This way anyone taking a ride in the elevator has something interesting to see. All of the Krebs and Dillon kids seemed to have a lot of fun making handprints except that littlest one Ivan. He fussed and cried as the adults painted his hands and pressed them to the wall. I hope he appreciates their efforts later! Now the family is talking about adding more of the kids’ artwork to other parts of me. I wonder what they will come up with? I am proud to be a topic of conversation and have my paint on display for anyone who visits this new house. I am also thrilled that I can help people like the great-grandmas move more easily from floor to floor. I can’t wait to be part of the next family party!
paula kesselring and MrsPeel like this.
    • bestcee
      That is a cool way to do the challenge! I love that you made the elevator a fun part of the house with the handprints! What a neat project!
      Joan K likes this.
    • elk2009
      What an awesome idea!!! love that those hand prints will be there forever...as they grow those prints will mean so much! didn't know you had an elevator in your new house...how awesome is that! Wonderful story!!!
      Joan K likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      ohh I dont know where to start to tell you how much I LOVE love and love more this page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the journaling is SO amazing!!!!!!!! love how you described the whole process, love that you guys made your own elevator, the hand prints and art work are genius idea and the whole family feeling makes me want to go visit you!!!!!!!!! (also I am disabled on crutches, no stairs for me at all are possible , so IU will love to meet your wall and the elevator!!! LOL) this is such a great take on this challenge!!! love the clean cut visually and how you have said so much with the page design too!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us!!!!![​IMG]
      Joan K likes this.
    • Joan K
      Come visit anytime @MrsPeel - or anyone for that matter! The kids would gladly take you for a ride!!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    Joan K
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).