KAPOH

MOC-9-Day-29-Just-the-Highlights

MOC-9-Day-29-Just-the-Highlights
KAPOH, Jan 29, 2021
Description:
JOURNALING:
PUSH and STOMP
It was about two years ago. The old "mid-century" split-level family home was just too big for me now that I was living there alone. Even the small amount of stairs had been hard on my knees for years. And I HATED yard work. We were playing around on the computer one autumn afternoon and saw a condominium listing in my favored part of town. My sister, who was visiting from Florida, convinced me to take a drive out there to just "look."
The complex was about 20 years old, but seemed very well maintained. We found the listed unit and it seemed nice on the outside. There was an attached 2-car garage, and the unit was listed as 2 bedroom/2 bath/single story. PERFECT. Before I knew it, my sister was on her cell phone calling the listing agent's phone number on the sign in the window and making an appointment to see the inside of the place the next day. HEY! I thought we were "just looking!"
The next day, a rainy Halloween, we arrived at the unit for the walk-thru. The front door opened onto a small, tiled foyer and the living, dining, and kitchen area. Down a short hall was a bathroom and the two bedrooms, the larger one being "en suite."
The kitchen was OK, but appeared to be "original" and would need "work." A laundry/mechanical area led into the 2-car attached garage.
But, I knew I was going to buy it the second I walked through that front door and looked up.
There was the textured ceiling that had been in my old condo from many years ago. I LOVED that ceiling! (I've since learned it is called a stomp pattern).
Thanks to the "push" from my sister and the "stomp" from the ceiling, I have my new home!
CREDITS: PHOTO: by me; KIT: "Trickity Treat" by Kim Jensen; FONTS: Opera; Niagara (310 words; 10 highlighted)
jesskab likes this.
    • jesskab
      That is a very pretty texture, I love your journaling & colorful highlights. Thank you so much for joining along.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 29, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    130 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).