PaperWings

MOC-8-Jan-2-List

MOC-8-Jan-2-List
PaperWings, Jan 2, 2020
Description:
Academic by Kristin Aagard
You and LynnG like this.
    • carrie1977
      Love what you did with the paper tears! Very cool!
    • patsyt
      Extremely cool page!
    • AnneofAlamo
      I had to go look at the kit! YOU did those tears? I am in awe, wowed to the most! tell me how, I need to know!
    • melidy
      Love the design, those tears are a very nice touch!
    • cfile
      I absolutely love this.. first because your name here at the pad is paper wings and the cut outs in the paper are like paper wings .. how very very clever!!! [ I am with @AnneofAlamo and need to know how you did the paper tears! ] .. I love that the cork board bg underneath peeks through.. well done! I absolutely loved reading your favorite list and I love the graph paper.. Terriffic!
    • PaperWings
      @AnneofAlamo @cfile
      Well, it was a trial and error type of thing. I use Photoshop. I drew the basic shape of the background that will be seen under the curl and cut it from a cork texture paper from Academic kit by Kristin Aagard (to no mess up with the graph paper) and applied Inner Shadow layer effect. Then I cut rectangles from the graph paper and used the Transform>Warp command from the Edit menu. This is when the trial and error portion begins. You've got to give it the shape with the handles. Lastly, the shadows. I've got some shadow styles from Mommiysh, but I needed something more. With Layer Style>Create Layer command, you can separate the styles from the layer. So I'd got a new layer with the shadow and I could move and tweak it with Transform>Warp. I know there's must be a better way to create the shadows over the curl, but I just brush some light grey with a big brush, applied Gaussian Blur and deleted the excess. Hope I've been clear, it's the first time I write a "tutorial" in English.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    PaperWings
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    221.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).