KimJ

MOC 8 : Day 2 : Ten Faves

MOC 8 : Day 2 : Ten Faves
KimJ, Jan 5, 2020
Description:
For MOC 2020 January 2 – List
Challenge: a written list of 10 numbered items representing your favorite things

This is possibly the most text-heavy page I’ve ever done! :) Here’s my list (in the order they fit on the page LOL):

1: MUSIC WHILE CLEANING – Housework is not my thing. I dread it. I procrastinate. I ignore a lot of untidiness. But when I do buckle down and do what needs to be done, cranking some upbeat tunes on my Pandora "Happy Radio" app and singing and dancing through the chores makes them almost fun.
2: PLAYING IN PHOTOSHOP – Whether it's designing a kit or scrapping a page or learning a new technique, there is something zen about immersing myself in the world of pixels.
3: SPENDING TIME AS A FAMILY – I enjoy spending one-on-one time with Mark or the kids, but with such disparate schedules, occasions that we can all four do something together are a rare treat.
4: WATER – I gave up a heavy-duty soda habit a few years ago and am now all about the water. Nothing else is quite as refreshing.
5: SUNSHINE – I am solar powered. When the sun is shining brightly it boosts my energy, improves my mood, and just makes everything better.
6: KAKURO – Kakuro puzzle books have been my bedtime wind down ritual for years. The blend of math and logic is so satisfying and occupies my brain in a way that nothing else does.
7: GETTING A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP – As I get older, it seems that I have lost the ability to sleep in, and often my mind is on overdrive in the evenings so that falling asleep does not always come easily either. The nights of six (or less) hours of sleep are much too common now, so I really appreciate the longer sleeps when they happen.
8: GAME APPS – My favorite way to pass a little time when I need a break from working or am waiting somewhere is to play games on my phone. I have to be careful or I can waste hours, but I usually at least attempt the Spider solitaire daily challenge and a level or two of Matchington Mansion each day.
9: DECLUTTERING – In a house stuffed to the brim with possessions accumulated over the last 25 years, when an opportunity arises to free some space, it brings me so much joy. I recently had to clear out my bathroom sink cabinet to make room for the plumber to access the works. It took hours to sort through everything, but it's ridiculous how giddy I get over opening that cabinet now.
10: QUIET MORNINGS – I am an introvert and crave peace and quiet. Winter break with both kids out of school and Mark on furlough has meant a house full of people and noise. The upside of my inability to sleep in is that I have the main part of the house to myself for a few hours most mornings before the buzz of activity starts up.

Credits:
by Kim Jensen
Papers: By the Numbers Papers
Numbers: By the Numbers Alphas
Buttons: By the Numbers Elements
Headphone girl: Audaciously Awesome Elements
Water drops, sun: Springity Spring Elements
Moon, star: Capricious Elements 2

Other:
Tape: Family Matters by Lilypad Collabs (retired)
Smart phone: All the Everydays by Kate Hadfield

I made the recycle bin, kakuro piece, Photoshop icon, and quiet symbol.

Fonts:
Title: Arial
Kakuro sample: Arial, Segoe Print
Photoshop icon: Tw Cen MT
Journaling, date: American Typewriter ITC pro
rrred68 likes this.
    • KittyY
      I am so impressed!!!!! and I could use #9 at my house!
      KimJ likes this.
    • cfile
      Kim this is fantastic and I couldn't agree more on ALL of your top 10's!!! I can't sleep more than 6 hours either! I love the journaling of your list in the circle frames.. perfection for sure. I get giddy when I clean out things, but I too procrastinate to get there! Love Love Love your list challenge page and your scrapping of it to share with us Kim. It is so great to have you join us too with the MOC! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!!!
      KimJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designer Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    KimJ
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    267.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).