Alexandra M Meffert

MOC 7 January 31

MOC 7 January 31
Alexandra M Meffert, Feb 1, 2019
Description:
Summer of 2000, I was 15 years old and my mom, brother, and I were on an epic road trip from Oklahoma to upstate New York, down the east coast to North Carolina, up to Arkansas, and back to Oklahoma. While driving, we began to get a little sleepy, so we pulled off the highway to a tiny little town in Illinois. There was a tiny motel and a 24/7 restaurant called Powhatan. I wanted to go in to get a drink, but chickened out, because I did not want to go in alone. We actually just slept in the car, in the parking lot, for an hour, of that restaurant. Fast forward 4 1/2 years. I am traveling with my boyfriend to his hometown for the first time. I am going to meet his family. There was a terrible blizzard that year and the roads were sketchy. We pulled off the highway, into a parking lot of a restaurant we were meeting his family at, to eat dinner. Instantly I recognized the place. I had been here before. Funny that 4 1/2 years earlier, my now husband was working at Powhatan, the same restaurant, we almost went
into, now I was meeting his family. It’s been over 15 years. We still meet at Powhatan for family dinners, or get-togethers.

I used:
Etc. by Danyale - At a Glance Elements
TLP Collab: Things That Matter Most
KarenB likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    Alexandra M Meffert
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).