NancyP, Feb 1, 2019
Description:
Created with:
Legacy by Little Butterfly Wings
Child Play by Paula Kesselring
Torn Treaures Vol 3 by Pink Reptile Designs
Nostalgic Word Arts by Sabrina's Creations

Journaling - 273 words according to Word Count
March 14, 1958 - I had given birth to the most beautiful baby boy. I was not married and back in the 50s, unmarried girls just did not keep their babies. There was no help for them and back then, you did not stay at home. You were sent to a home for unwed mothers. That in itself is quite a story! After giving birth, I had to stay for two weeks and then my dad came and picked me up. I had to say goodbye to my sweet little son. He went to a foster home in the town I lived in. I was allowed to visit him up until the day of adoption. I will never forget the day they called me and asked if I wanted to come and say goodbye to him. It crushed my heart.
Sunday, September 24, 2017 - My youngest daughter started calling me and asking questions about her brother, Gregory. That is the name I gave him back in 1958. The girls had been looking for him for about 20 years. Then I received a photo on my phone and all it said was "Mom, meet your son." She had sent her DNA to Ancestry.com and my granddaughter, whom I didn't know existed at the time, had also sent hers in. They were matched up as being related so Gretchen contacted Tanya and the rest is history. Two weeks later I was in my son's arms and we both cried like babies! After 59 long years of hoping and searching, my prayers were finally answered. My son was fine and he had been given a wonderful life!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    NancyP
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    139 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).