Angela Toucan

Missing You

Missing You
Angela Toucan, Feb 18, 2021
Description:
For Cynthia's Slow Scrap 18-19 Feb. I really miss being in the community - it's part of my daily life and has been illegal for nearly a year now due to Covid restrictions. I even miss being irritated by the dementia ladies asking the same question multiple times in our sweet hour together each week. I ended up writing a poem about the different parts of community that I am part of - what I miss about them all.
Credits:
Botanical Torn Paper Masks by Dawn Inskip.
Frames in Pairs by Lynn Grieveson.
Be Kind kit by Lynn Grieveson.
Worn Page Edges No 2 by Lynn Grieveson.
Bingo Card from retired kit by Rachel Jefferies.
Lockdown Minikit by Lynn Grieveson.
Covid 19 Wordart mix by Anna Aspens.
Font: Pea Chrissi.
    • Sharon-shutterbug
      Angela, I love your poem - it really encapsulates the past year. I feel like the torn papers, tattered flowers, and scribbled hearts do a fantastic job of evoking the emotions you are experiencing as well.
    • Electra
      I too love your poem and your clustering in the corner the way you have. The soft background paper elicits a calming kind of sweet feeling.
    • MrsPeel
      oh Angela... I cannot even start to imagine how difficult it must be.... I know is not that much of a thing for us, I don;t go out much , haven;t done in the past few years, bit remember clearly how difficult it was to adapt to not being part of the community after the operations failed and my mobility got restricted, and even then, my friends, my family could come see me.... being imposed by a scary pandemic that shuts the world down is a struggle.... love the page you made though, like I always say, the blessing of our craft/art, that can transform events or feelings that are not so good into beautiful pieces of art.... love your torn papers, the photos tones bring even more the melancholic feeling, beautiful all together as you always do!!!!!!
      Apologies for the delay in getting here, things have been difficult around here...
      Hope you guys are keeping as well as one can be these days, Huge huggzzz
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!! [​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Angela Toucan
    Date:
    Feb 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    148.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).