littlekiwi

McDonald-Backstory

McDonald-Backstory
littlekiwi, Jul 18, 2021
Description:
It is hard to believe there was a chance I would have never been a McDonald, rather I would have been a MacDonald. When the family came to Manitoba, Canada from England, the family was the MacDonald Family. When ‘we’ arrived, there was already a MacDonald family, so for a reason unknown to me ‘we’ became the McDonald family in the area. I now cannot imagine being a MacDonald. Keeping the family name ‘alive’ is going to be the next challenge within the family as currently there is no more generations to carry the family name on. My cousin and I are the last two left and unless one of us chooses not to take a significant other’s last name, my uncle is the last true McDonald. The chances of my cousin keeping the McDonald name alive is not high, hers is already double barrelled for both sides of her family. So ultimately, I guess it is now up to me to keep the family name alive in some fashion and it is a responsibility I do not take for granted.

Simply Clean No. 10 by Designed by Soco (heavily modified)
Origin Story: Patterns & Backgrounds by Allison Pennington
Origin Story: Elements by Allison Pennington
Storyteller BYOC 2019 December - Collection by Just Jaimee (alpha)
    • IntenseMagic
      Love the story of your family name and this is such a beautiful page! I love the tree and that yellow paint!
    • jk703
      Ah, the history of our names is so interesting to me! We have a family tradition so we can go back into our family history relatively easy! Each person has their mother's maiden name as a middle name. My mother has her mother's maiden name, I have my mother's maiden name, and my kids have my maiden name... all as middle names. I hope my kids do the same! I loved reading your story, Jennifer!
    • flowersgal
      Interesting story of your name. Lovely layout with the brown background and the cute tree grounded with a strip of paint.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Jul 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).