Project Mouse: Beginnings - Sahlin Studios and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: Princess - Sahlin Studios and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: Fantasy - Sahlin Studios and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: No 1 - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: No 2 - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: Ice - Sahlin Studios and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse: Essentials (Flowers) - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse [Celebrate] | Elements - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse [Princess] - Cinderella | Bundle - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Project Mouse [Princess] - Aurora | Elements- Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
Heartsong: A collaboration in Remembrance of Dawn Inskip - Lilypad and Friends Collab
Fiddlesticks No. 73 - Fiddle Dee Dee Designs

Journaling
(My questions and notes are in bold italics my mother's answers are regular text).

Did Phill ask your permission to marry me?
Yes. He said he needed to talk to me and my parents together, so I arranged to meet up with mam as she was already in town and on the way he showed me a picture of the ring and said: “You know what that’s for don’t you?” I immediately knew he was going to ask you to marry him and instantly became so excited. He said because your grandparents have been a massive part of your life he felt he needed their permission too. We found a parking spot in town, met mam for a cuppa and he asked her permission, to which she replied: “It’s about time” (as at this point you had already been together for just over 8 years).
He told us about his plans to propose at Walt Disney World. As you know, we always plan our itinerary well in advance and we were due to go in 4 months time. The only thing Phill had requested on this trip was to go to Magic Kingdom on our first day there to have breakfast at Cinderella’s Castle (to get empty park pictures for the actual proposal). Luckily you had managed to get the ADR and didn’t seem to suspect anything.
Silly thing is, when we parked up we looked for parking signs to see if we were allowed to park there. We couldn’t find any signs and there weren't any yellow lines, so we thought it was okay to park. When Phill got back to the car he had a parking ticket. He couldn’t tell you as you would have questioned why he was in town. He was a little annoyed about the ticket but I think finally having told someone about the engagement and gotten it off his mind helped to soften the blow.

You said he showed you the ring in the car, what was it like?
As you have been a massive Disney fan most of your life, Phill thought he had found the most perfect ring; a diamond Mickey Head engagement ring. Only problem was he could only get it from America. He had asked if I could use my card to pay for it so you didn’t see the large transaction and spoil the surprise. A while had passed by with no sign of shipping and apparently there was an issue, as the ring was ordered in one name and the payment was in another. After a lengthy phone call we thought the problem was sorted, another wait, still no ring and the time was creeping closer to us leaving. After a few phone calls and at least three more attempts to buy this ring they decided they needed my permission to process the payment - which had already been given. At this point we no longer had time to get the ring shipped to the UK but thought we still had time to get it delivered directly to the hotel. Still, the payment didn’t process even though I got the bank to grant permission. That was it; our last chance to get it in time; Phill couldn’t get the perfect ring.
Not to be beat, he chose a different one, a simple Forever Diamond.I headed to town the next day to buy it as Phill was at work, and we were leaving for Florida the following day. Nowhere had the ring he wanted and he was so upset by this point. So much planning had gone into this, he couldn’t get his perfect ring and now he couldn’t even get a replacement. I asked the wonderfully patient shop assistant to find me any ring in your size and there was only 1 in the entire shop. It was the complete opposite of what you would like, but I got it anyway as we had no further option if he wanted to propose on holiday. I had permission from the shop assistant to return the ring when we got home, as long as it was still scratch-less. When he got down on one knee outside of the castle, and after you said yes he asked you to take the ring off, you wondered why, to which the story began. After breakfast we headed to the Jewellery Emporium on Main Street Phill bought you a beautiful CInderella inspired space saver ring. It took you both a little while to find your forever engagement ring but when you both saw it you knew it was the one for you. You are the only girl I know who has had 5 engagement rings from the man you married.

Challenge Requirements
Interview someone, create a page that includes both questions and answers (from both interviewer and interviewee) and journaling must be a minimum of 250 words. Photos are optional -
The questions I asked weren't really suitable for me to answer each individually, but to keep to the spirit of the challenge I added my thoughts that I spoke to my mam as a summary at the end. I hope that counts. I have 1232 words across the double page spread.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful 2 pager, well done on this great spread and all that journaling for this challenge.
    • StefanieS
      Wow, just Wow.
      Love the details you shared and the fabulous photos of the rings...off to read page 2.
    • trekmom
      I really enjoyed reading your engagement story. I'm so happy for you both. I can't wait to read your wedding story. Beautiful job.
    • bcgal00
      What a wonderful page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    melidy
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    984.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).