LOD_Sara Gleason_web
flowersgal, Feb 19, 2020
Description:
LOD - Sara Gleason - Feb 19
Supplies:
Sara Gleason - Coconut Tree; Oak Tree; Artifact
JenEm and dotcomkari like this.
    • redplaid3
      I love the feel here and the story! Good for your daughter! I esp like those line drawings. Did you do those?
    • flowersgal
      @redplaid3 - They are something called linocuts and she printed a limited edition (50 I think) of each one for sale. Lisa is my artist daughter and they are her work. Linocut is an interesting process in which one cuts out of a wood block (if I understand it correctly) and then uses that to make prints. Of course, when you cut into wood there is no "undo" so one has to be very precise in the cuts.
      Lisa B likes this.
    • HeatherB
      The linocut prints are amazing. Your daughter is so talented. I loved reading the story in your journaling and in your comment. The papers do remind me of kitchen floors too! Great page!
      Lisa B and flowersgal like this.
    • JenEm
      I so love your storytelling, and how you have incorporated your daughter's beautiful linocuts into your layout. She is very talented! Your choice of paper is perfect for this, and complements your layout so well. Love! :)
      Lisa B and flowersgal like this.
    • Lisa B
      I love this page! The b/w, pop of color, and honeycomb bg is beautiful with your daughter's prints! My artist daughter loves the linocut process too! The prints are always so fun. Thank you for sharing her work!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • willimena
      This made me smile.. as I read my daughter is soaking labels off glass jars to store food items in.. I offered plastic takeaway tubs initially.. that wasn't received well! Beautiful layout and storytelling.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @Lisa B - Would love to see a layout featuring some of your daughter's art work too.
      Lisa B likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @willimena - Plastic is a no-no for them. Even I like glass better and it lasts forever (unless one has slippery clumsy fingers).
      willimena likes this.
    • Lisa B
      @flowersgal That is definitely on my "to scrap" list, as are my middle daughter's beautiful floral designs!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      I love the picture of the Ball Jars in the window. I've been passionate about them for years - long before they became "the thing". Great page!
      flowersgal likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sara Gleason
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Feb 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    189.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    464px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).