AliSarah

Just like Grams...

Just like Grams...
AliSarah, Aug 24, 2017
Description:
This page is for the August 2017 Journaling Challenge! It's hard for me to narrow down these days the things that are getting me all emotional, but most of them are linked to memories of folks I love dearly who have moved on from this Earth. Yesterday, I was driven by a weird urge to make my grandmother's favorite breakfast, even though I have NEVER cooked or eaten a poached egg before this one. I had so many vivid memories of her making this as a child that I was kind of able to watch her cooking it as I was cooking it myself. I ate it with tears streaming down my face. But, it was really good. So, this is one more memory of her that will make it into the scrapbooks!

I used Kristin Aagard's Faithful to create this page. I also used a hummingbird by red ivy designs that finds it's way onto all the pages I make about my Grams because she was very into hummingbirds, especially at the end of her life!
Karen and jenn mccabe like this.
    • jenn mccabe
      Oh my goodness what a beautiful memory! I love your words - especially the part about closing your eyes to walk yourself through her steps. That is so sweet and I love that you found the perfect kit for her! :beat The way you framed the lovely photo of your poached egg is darling. This is just beautiful Amanda, thank you for sharing! :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AliSarah
    Date:
    Aug 24, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    134.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).