meterr

January 11 Where I Live

January 11 Where I Live
meterr, Jan 11, 2022
Description:
Where I live. An 1883 parsonage next to the original old church. I have found documents where people say they were married in this parsonage in 1890 and even earlier. I can imagine them standing in my front room!

Wording says:
After filling stockings and putting out all the lights I looked around the rooms and thought to myself, this house, built in 1883 which sits over the spot the older house sat from the 1850s....
How many Christmases this house has seen! How many families woke up on Christmas morning in this same house I now stand in! How many families gathered after being apart because of wars or, as is happening now, epidemics. How many events these families spoke of over dinner. The Civil War, presidential assassinations, Depression, World Wars One and Two, Vietnam, Disasters like The Titanic or the 1965 Tornado that hit here.All the things that have happened from then to now. I imagine women in long dresses cooking their Christmas dinners in wood stoves as I cook mine in a stove, microwave and instant pot. I wonder what gifts all the children who lived here from 1850 till today got for Christmas. So much has happened here and will continue. Someday my own family will be just one of the families who dwelled here and future people won't know anything about us, but the house will remember.

credit to:
Just Jaimee arrows Storyteller 2018
Seasons Greetings by Lynn Marie
Paula Kesselring Vintage Peices 3
My Tiny Sunshine by Allison Pennington
Antique papers by Paula Kesselring
5 location inspired items:
Arrow
ticket
map card
map/heart circle
Map paper
honeyandcheese likes this.
    • michelepixels
      I love the historical perspective of your journaling.
      meterr likes this.
    • honeyandcheese
      Your page is beautiful. It drew me in from the gallery, and then your journaling drew me in even further. I absolutely love old houses (I grew up in an 1800's house that was an old stage coach depot!), and adore that you journaled about imagining the history of yours. Love the soft colors of your layout!
      meterr likes this.
    • katell
      Beautiful layout! love the map on the top, your journaling...everything ;-)
      meterr likes this.
    • LynnG
      Wow! Stunning :-)
      meterr likes this.
    • jk703
      Wonderful - the journaling and the photo! I loved reading about the history that was a part of that house - what could've been and what could be - but the house knows! The imagination is superb! Thank you so much for sharing and joining in!
      meterr likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    meterr
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    109 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).