MrsEm, Jan 23, 2019
Description:
Created for MOC 7 Jan 20: Storytelling

Just Jaimee Family Matters
Styles by Mommyish
Font: KingThings Trypewriter
Photo: July 7, 2016

Journaling:

This is SHEEPIE. There are many sheeps but this one is Malachy’s and she is the BOSS SHEEP. I think Malachy was maybe eighteen months old when we came across this stuffie in a clearance bin at HEB after Easter. We let each of the boys pick a stuffie from the bin, paying a whopping fifty cents for each of them. The rest is history. Malachy became inexplicably bonded to this one specific stuffie. He’s about to be five years old and he still sleeps with his sheep every night. He holds Sheepie in his lap while he does school. He absent mindedly pets her while he watches TV or plays Minecraft. We’ve purchased many other substitute sheep stuffies but none of them have ever caught on like stinky old Sheepie. We’ve looked high and low to buy a back up identical sheep but have never been able to find one. So, for now, it’s house arrest for Sheepie so that hopefully she never, ever gets lost.
chastml likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a sweet picture and journaling.
      MrsEm likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Adorable page, and LOVE this story. And yes. Backups are mandatory. Our DGS (now 9) had "Puppy," also without a backup. When Puppy's rips and tears and holes were so awful he was barely in one piece, and all hope had been lost for a replacement, the fun part of the story begins. (DGS doesn't know this, so now you've inspired me to do a layout about it.) Anyway, after visiting DGS and Puppy, 1,000 miles away, I came home to find that a local grandson had the exact same puppy. But he wasn't attached to it the way his cousin was to his, and it was in pristine condition. I bought Puppy 2 from Local GS, and the next time we visited the long-distance GS, I hid it in my suitcase. I asked DGS if he would like it if I repaired Puppy's wounds and cleaned him up a bit. He was game, so while he slept one night, I made the switch. In the morning he was beyond thrilled to find Puppy so beautiful. He never suspected a thing. His mom carefully put Puppy 1 in a safe place with other treasures. Puppy 2 still graces DGS's bed or dresser, but he isn't dragged everywhere any longer. I sort of miss seeing him.
      Memaw2Wm and MrsEm like this.
    • MrsEm
      @SharLamb What a wonderful story!! How sweet! I will forever be looking out for a backup Sheepie.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      I assume you have googled "sheep stuffies."
    • Memaw2Wm
      Love this. We have Ki-Ki ... a stuffed kitty that my sister gave my grandson for his first b’day (1996). I did buy extras ... we had “Car Ki-Ki” and “Spare Ki-Ki.” Spare Ki-Ki went to live with Pepaw in WVA and became “Country Ki-Ki.”

The original Ki-Ki is packed away “somewhere” safe, Country Ki-Ki lives on a display shelf at Pepaw’s house, and Car Ki-Ki was passed down to Will’s much younger (ten years) brother. I keep meaning to do a LO.
      MrsEm likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      LOVE your wonderful and sweet story and very beautiful page!
      MrsEm likes this.
    • nfenchak
      such a sweet page - love the photo, story and layout!
      MrsEm likes this.
    • jesskab
      Such a sweet & delicate page! Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      MrsEm likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    MrsEm
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).