Pups_r_Paps

It-Took-My-Breath-Away

It-Took-My-Breath-Away
Pups_r_Paps, Aug 8, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING: I remember the first time I saw the Grand Canyon – it took my breath away. My husband and I were driving across the United States in 1970 on a move from New York to California so he could attend graduate school. We approached from the south through a very wooded area. I remember getting just glimpses of the canyon thru the trees – it was a magnificent sight. You are surrounded by tall pine trees and then every now and then you can see this gigantic opening in the ground that is banded in beautiful shades of oranges, reds, and browns. Awe inspiring. My mind immediately went to the Spanish explorers who first glimpsed this wonder of nature. I knew I’d being seeing something spectacular, but I doubt that their Hopi guides would have been able to adequately prepare them for the canyon they were about to see. Amazing.

CREDITS: Photos by Michael Kirsh at Morguefile.com; Kits: "Sunnyside Up", Kristin Aagard; "Quilted Mosaic", etc by Danyale; "Fern", Rebecca McMeen; "Flip Book Fundamentals", Dawn Inskip
jenn mccabe, KarenB and Gary Oxlade like this.
    • Christina W
      I so agree - nothing can prepare your for it! I love how your picture captures that first glimpse when the pines give way to the magnificent colors of the canyon...
    • jenn mccabe
      I was there once and it is very true - it is a moment you never forget! You described it perfectly in your words (and thoughtful to look at it from the explorers perspective as well - I love that idea!) ... definitely a beautiful, magical & breathtaking experience! Love your page! :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Aug 8, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    126.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).