heathert

Interview With the Publisher

Interview With the Publisher
heathert, Mar 7, 2018
Description:
For the March 2018 Journaling challenge at the Lilypad, with Just My Type by Etc. by Danyale and Pink Reptile Design. Fonts: Old English (masthead), Linotte (questions), and Butter, Brot, Papier (answers).

A little background: my son has been running the Yachats Gazette since he was 8 years old for our little town of 600, now 750 inhabitants--almost 7 years! He's given hundreds of interviews himself, by now, so I thought it would be fun to do a little impromptu interview with him as the interviewee.

As an interviewer yourself, how do you feel about the question/answer process?

It's ok--it's not quite the best thing in the world I don't think, but it's the best we have.

For what?

For interviewing [sharing information, is what I think he means]. If we had mind-to-mind, that would be better, because often it's very hard for people to know what to say, and often there isn't enough time, either to read or collect. And sometimes you just don't think of questions, or you can't decide what to say, or how to convey a feeling. But in this world, I think yeah, it's probably the best we have.

Do you usually spend a lot of time thinking about your questions?

Not particularly--I've kind of settled into a routine. Basically I know the rough questions, then I spin off stuff from there.

What parts of the interview do you enjoy most?

Most, I enjoy learning about people's lives.

Can you be a little more specific?

I enjoy hearing about how people came to our town, and what their plans are. Occasionally I'll find an actual subject I really enjoy. But usually I think the people are the most interesting.

Do you see any use in your future for interviewing skills?

Maybe--if I ever potentially become an engineer, like the head of a firm or something, then I might need it to conduct job interviews. But it's not really my career path.
mirjam and chastml like this.
    • mcurtt
      What a great layout to showcase your son. I am glad you included the backstory. Since he was 8??? OMG!
      heathert likes this.
    • heathert
      @mcurtt It was either run a local newspaper, world domination--with him in charge, natch--or some kind of transit system between the Moon & Mars. We opted for one that was reasonably feasible. ;)
      mcurtt likes this.
    • willimena
      Oh I love a thinker and people who enjoy learning about others are my favourites! Love the design choices you made - even though his photo is small the colour draws attention to it and the length of the interview also draws your eye to that.
      heathert likes this.
    • HeatherB
      What an amazing accomplishment for someone so young! Wow! You must be so proud of him! Loved the interview and love the clean look to your design and the black/white/red colour scheme. Great page. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      heathert likes this.
    • fanon
      great layout !!!!!
      heathert likes this.
    • rlucasmn
      Love your black and white layout with the pops of red! Such a great story and interview too. Your son is amazing!
      heathert likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Mar 7, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).