G.J.

History Of Coffee

History Of Coffee
G.J., Jan 30, 2021
Description:
Layout created using by Pink Reptile Designs:
Yes minikit (papers)
Coffee o'clock elements
Fonts used Carvino, Adolfine and Brodetto. For the highlights I used word art from the kit and fonts.
Journaling reads "History of coffee.
The most popular origin story of the coffee beans starts with Kaldi and his goats in 700 AD. Kaldi, an Ethiopian (formerly Abyssinia) goat herder stumbled on his goats acting quite strange. They were dancing. This definitely wasn’t normal. He discovered that they were eating red berries and concluded that this fruit was the cause of this odd behavior(…) Though the story of Kaldi cannot be proven to be true, one thing is certain: coffee came from Ethiopia. Coffee made its way north, across the red sea into Yemen in the 15th Century. Due to coffee’s growing popularity and the shipment of coffee from the port city, Mocha became synonymous with coffee. In the late 1600’s, the Dutch had smuggled coffee plants from Yemen in an attempt to grow the beans in Holland, but due to the cold weather their cultivation scheme failed miserably. This time however, friends in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) sent coffee seedlings to the Dutch Governor of Java, Indonesia. (…) java becomes another household term for coffee.

Text from: www.homegrounds.co/history-of-coffe/"
    • StefanieS
      Wonderful educational take on this challenge. Fascinating tale.
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      @Eyeore thank you so much!! wishing you a fantabulous weekend sweet lady!! :bk:heartslub
      StefanieS likes this.
    • Dalis
      I am just happy someone found it because it's my morning friend! Love your cute cluster at the top!
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      @Dalis thank you so much!! super appreciated. Wishing you a wonderful weekend my dear :bk:heartslub
      Dalis likes this.
    • Saar
      From one coffee lover to another... this is perfect! :beat:heartlub LOVE your take on the challenge. I love your clusters and all the details! Beautifully done.
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      @Saar thank you so much my dear for all the sweet comments you have made on my pages, super appreciated, you're so sweet and kind, thank you so much for being awesome!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend sweet lady :bk:heartslub
    • Donitab
      Great photo - love how you scrapped this
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      Thank you so much @Donitab for all the sweet comments, super appreciated. Wishing you a very beautiful weekend :heartslub:heartlub :bk
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    G.J.
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    583.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).