KAPOH

HEX-CODE-#FFF200

HEX-CODE-#FFF200
KAPOH, Jan 23, 2024
Description:
JOURNALING:
It is well known that bright colors excite children, and I was no exception. I LOVED the color “red.” In the late 1950’s, I discovered another love, “baseball.” It reminded me of geometry, and the ONLY mathematics I understood and enjoyed was geometry. The first professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Red Stockings, were established in my home state of Ohio in 1869. I became a REDS fan. “Opening Day” was a holiday for me. I was always “sick” from school on that day (and in Cincinnati for the first game of the MLB season).
How Hex code #c6011f
AND THEN BASEBALL BROKE MY HEART
AND THEN SOCCER’S WORLD CUP CAME TO THE USA IN 1994
Became Hex code #fff200
As a condition of hosting the “world’s game,” a professional league had to be established. The Columbus Crew became the league’s “first team” by winning the draft lottery and picking Brian McBride as the first player in the new league. I’d become obsessed with the game back in 1994 after watching it on TV. I was bored silly with the first game, but, after reading the rules and watching a second game, I WAS HOOKED! When the league opened in 1996, I was there for the Crew’s first home game, wearing my new Crew yellow t-shirt. I’ve been a season ticket holder ever since. My current “wardrobe” includes an entire dresser FULL of such items. Both of my cars bear Crew license plates.
Hmm. Baseball in 1869. Soccer in 1996.
CREDITS: KITS: "Sporty: Soccer" and "Sporty: Baseball" by Kristin Aagard; FONT: Comic Sans
    • Pups_r_Paps
      LOVE that you've included the hex codes to really emphasize your color choices. Also, perfect that there are no photos just your fascinating journaling.
    • bestcee
      Thanks for sharing your colour connection! Interesting take on how your colour connection changed from red to yellow.
      Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 12
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2024
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    134.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).