Happy Place
scraptraci, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
here's my layout for the Challenge to find your happiness. definitely the beach

Credits:
Template Hello Happy by Lynn Grieveson
Paper Forever Joy "Summertime Blues"

journaling
Ahhh. The beach, my happy place. If I could live there I would. I love the ocean specifically. I love listening to the waves crash on the shore. I love just looking out at the water and seeing nothing but blue as far as you can see. There is nothing better than a sunset over the ocean. And don’t get me started on swimming in the ocean. I could spend all day snorkeling/scuba diving. I even have the sense of smell covered in my love of the ocean- nothing like the smell of suntan lotion. It always brings a smile to my face.

I’m pretty sure this love affair can be traced to when I was 3 years old and we moved to Hawaii in 1973. My father was in the Navy and was stationed at Pearl Harbor with the submarine fleet. My mom was happy to spend the time we could at the beach. It was way to expensive to come home to the main land so our vacations were spent at a cottage at Bellows on the other side of Oahu. Going to the beach was just what you did and it didn’t cost a thing. You packed a cooler and off you went for the day. I learned to boogie board and snorkel during this time. I started swimming on Pearl Harbor Swim Team after taking lessons from Chica. Basically, I became a fish and never looked back.

This love of the ocean continued after we moved back to CA in 1976 and really was firmly established when I was in High School and we could drive to Santa Cruz to go surfing and hang out on the weekend and summer break.

Then reality of the real world hit and I had to be satisfied with vacations to the beach, I’d go every chance I got if I could. We love to cruise too when we don’t go to islands. There are not many places in the Caribbean and Mexico that we haven’t visited

I hope in the next phase of my life we can retire on the ocean and I can hear the waves crash and look for dolphins every day.
lcpereyra likes this.
    • LynnG
      What an amazing place to spend your early childhood. I love how out this together, it is such a wonderful take on the challenge :-)
    • lcpereyra
      Amazing storytelling and memories shared in your journaling! Terrific layout and just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along!
    • fruitysuet
      Beautiful page and I loved your story telling, sounds an idyllic childhood.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    scraptraci
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    100.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).