littlekiwi

Hamilton

Hamilton
littlekiwi, Jan 25, 2018
Description:
Will add images of each page as soon as I figure out how to save them!

Storyteller February 2016 by Just Jaimee (Music Sticker. A Day in the life tag)
Storyteller January 2018 by Just Jaimee (all of the other labels and bits not mentioned elsewhere)
Storyteller Asher by Just Jaimee (What a day label)
Storyteller 2018 by Just Jaimee (Yum tab)
Make it Happen by Just Jaimee (So Very Pumped tag)
Days of the Week by Just Jaimee (Monday, White Alpha)
Wonderful You by Amber LaBau (Interview)
Time Stamps by Emily Merritt
Crafty Mama by Zoe Pearn (Me Time Tag)

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Today was going to be a long day as I was heading down to Hamilton for a job interview.

I booked the taxi for pickup at 8am as I had to be at the bus stop for the intercity bus at 8.25am even though I knew more than likely the bus would not only be late picking me up but late arriving in to Hamilton like it usually is. As per normal I was picked up 10 mins late at 8.50am and we were 15 mins late arriving in Hamilton. I spent the 90 min journey listening to music on spotify as I have done this trip so often now.

Just after 10am I arrived in Hamilton I had a few things to do at the transport centre before deciding where to go first. In the end I decided to spend the first two hours wondering around Hamilton East shops - I went to the Salvation Army Op Shop and surprisingly didn’t pick anything up which is so unlike me. I then went and wandered around the rest of the shops while the weather was still good - Metservice were forcasting rain and thunder as well as 26 degrees celcius! While looking around I was deciding what to have for an early lunch as there wouldn’t be anything near where my job interview was going to be. I decided on Kelly’s Bakery and Cafe as I loved their food before and it wasn’t too expensive - I bought a chicken salad sandwich and some rockmelon for $8. Before I left Hamilton East I popped into Lodge Property Managers to get a current listing of their 1 and 2 bedroom properties for rent as they don’t advertise on Trade Me that much.
Just after midday I cought a bus back across the river to the transport centre to head to my interview (in hindsight if the weather had been better it probably would have been just as quick to walk the few blocks to the interview). I had a bit of spare time once I arrived back at the transport centre so I charged up my phone and got dressed up. Up until that point I wasn’t wearing my floaty blouse that I was using as a jacket as it was already 24 degrees and who knows what percentage humidity.
1pm was the interview at Healthcare NZ and I felt really good during it. As it finished I just missed a bus which meant a half hour wait til the next bus so I relaxed at the bus shelter eating the rockmelon I had bought earlierand a bottle of peach iced tea. I knew I would probably have about 3 hours after the interview and I really wanted to explore some areas that I hadn’t really had a chance to explore before so I took a bus up to Rototuna where I had a look at New World - the main reason was to see what their fresh produce and meat were like as I hadn’t been as impressed with where I was going when I lived there in 2016. By 4.30pm I was heading back into town as there wasn’t enough time before my bus to head home was due to arrive but it was 20 mins late arriving. At least there was only one stop between Hamilton and home though! .
Lynne-Marie, Mylinn and KarenB like this.
    • kayjaydo
      Great journalling, I feel like I was with you for the day! Crossing my fingers for you that you get the job! Great double page!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      @kayjaydo unfortunately I didn’t - I heard today that I wasn’t successful
    • kayjaydo
      :( that's such a shame
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • cfile
      love your double page Jennifer. So sorry about the outcome. I love the tick tock journaling and the times and big bold titles for the sections of photos. great double pager!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      well done on documenting this, bless you.
      Your double pager is fantastic.
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Fabulous 2-page spread, Jennifer! Loved reading your journaling, great storytelling. And loved seeing all the different photos from your visit. I like that you timestamped them. Sorry you didn't get the job.
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • ashleywb
      There is so much I love about this page - the arial view of the city, the booking details and map, your choice of photos, and the journaling. It's so well done. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job.
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • cinderella
      I'm sorry that you didn't get the job. You did a fantastic double pager though. So well documented. I love all the little details you included, like the map and step count!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    224.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    300px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).