SharLamb

GingerbreadCookies

GingerbreadCookies
SharLamb, Dec 17, 2019
Description:
This page is way busier (messier?) than I usually make, but then making gingerbread people IS messy, isn't it?! Only wish these cookies were near me, not 1,000 miles away. But fun to feel like part of the tradition via photos.
Credits:
yin_template 23
FJ-2020-PP-5
justjaimee_appleofmyeye_justjaimee_appleofmyeye_pp1
jj-CU-painterstoolbox_45
Just Jaime Custom Shape
justjaimee_AAM_BLOGHOP_authentic
lbw_LIGrateful_alpha (yummy!)
prd_then&now_staple
Made by Preston tag by me
Cut-out cookie technique by Tangie Baxter
Photos by DD, Zanna Boucher
Fonts: Hog Bold and American Typewriter
Lisa B, KarenB and cinderella like this.
    • cfile
      How fun and what a sweet page (see how I did that??!!). Love it and great job with the cut out Sharron! Love the dust from the flour!
      Lisa B and SharLamb like this.
    • KarenB
      It's not messy - it's very fitting for your photos!!! absolutely love the cut out gingerbread man and the sprinkled flower. Love it :beat
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Iowan
      How fun, your page shows the fun of Christmas. I love the cut out and the cookie.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • A-M
      Your page looks great.. not messy at all. I feel your pain at not being there with these loved ones. You have created a great page and that heart shape you used looks good with the word strip over it.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • bjc
      love all the details...love the cut out cookie. can you tell me how you did that
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      @bjc Tangie Baxter has a tutorial at Designer Cuts. I'm not sure if I can recap it, but I'll try (I'm on a Mac in PSCC, so will use their lingo):
      1.CMD click on the thumbnail of a shape you want to cut so it gets marching ants around it. (Make sure it is rasterized/simplified.)
      2. Click the paper layer you want removed and click CMD+X to cut it.
      3. Go back to the shape, and with the move tool, place it somewhere else on the page if you want to use it. There will be a hole in the paper when you move the shape. You will need another paper underneath unless you want the "hole" to just be white.

I hope that's accurate. I'm not great at remembering techniques. I bet if this doesn't work for you, you could post to Tangie, or start a new thread in the Forum Chatty Pad, and Tangie will respond, or someone else who knows the technique.
      I also messed around with shadows to make it look more realistic. Tangie also duplicated the cut-out shape a couple times so she had 3 of the original shape (in her case it was a heart).

On my page, I used a gingerbread boy shape (found on internet). After cutting it out of the "cookie dough paper" so the "Silpat paper" showed, I moved the silhouette over a bit, then made one of my DGS's decorated cookies fit onto it as best I could (I had to use the warp tool to get it done!), and clipped the photo to the shape. The red licorice hair didn't look too good, so I went back to the original cookie photo and extracted just the hair, then placed it on top of the new cookie shape. I guess I could have just used an extracted cookie, but the original didn't quite fit the silhouette, and making my own clipping mask from the cookie didn't look right either for the cut-out, which I wanted to be crisp and recognizable as a gingerbread boy. This may be too much information! Sorry.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Dec 17, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    115.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    464px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).