redplaid3

First-Christmas-memory

First-Christmas-memory
redplaid3, Jul 23, 2019
Description:
Here's the journaling:
The first Christmas I remember was in 1961, in Las Vegas. I was 2 1/2 years old. I remember waking up and running down the hall and finding my dad already up. He was excited to see me. It was Christmas day! My mom was still sleeping.

There by the tree was this a small blue and white rocking chair, just my size. I was so excited about it. There was also a blue fuzzy robe that was so soft. My dad was showing me the presents and was so excited and so sweet to me.
I could feel his love for me. I knew there was something special about this day. It was all so wonderful and unexpected--I was too little to anticipate it.

Later, my mom or dad took the rocking chair outside and took my picture
sitting in it. (That was in the days before flash photography at home.)

Just Jaime Storyteller December Riley Christmas Mini
Sahlin Studios Home for the Holidays
PRD Stunning Stitches No 6
Font: Albertsthal Typewriter Regular
Juliestcyr likes this.
    • Juliestcyr
      I love this story. Especially how it explains the picture of you in your rocking chair outside. I mean, nothing beats natural lighting. They clearly knew what they were doing.
      redplaid3 likes this.
    • Nemla
      Aww, what a sweet story. I love your page.
      redplaid3 likes this.
    • bcnatty
      Oh my...I just love this memory!! How amazing that you had that special morning with your dad!! THank you so much for sharing!!
      redplaid3 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    redplaid3
    Date:
    Jul 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    81.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).