trekmom

February Lynn Grieveson Old Photo Challenge

February Lynn Grieveson Old Photo Challenge
trekmom, Feb 22, 2021
Description:
I took these photos way back when at Paier College of Art. About 1982. It was a study on long exposures in photography. I dragged my boyfriend (now husband) and room mates out to the cemetery to take these photos with glow sticks or something like that. I honestly don't remember what we used. Long exposure with lots of movement with the glowsticks = weirdos having fun.
For this page I used
Lynn Grieveson: Wild and Free 17 (black paper background) Extras title 2 (do what we want) and phrase. (fantastic)
From Her Sharp Eyed Kit I used the snippet 7. (pretty Clear)
From her kit called One Day at a Time I used flower 6, paper 1 clipped with Mesh, paint 1 and paint 3.
Lastly from A Wolff Better Together, I used the word art (My Favorite Weirdos)
    • Angela Toucan
      fun page to remember those days with.
    • garrynkim
      Wow! I think they turned out pretty cool! I love how you've grounded the top photo with all the paint and goodies!
    • cookingmylife
      What a fascinating page! Great to have this from the 80s! and thanks for the back story. (I love stories!)
    • mcurtt
      LOL! Not the heritage page I was expecting, but hey, it is an old photo. Great capture of light here. Are you one of the visible people on the left? Fun idea. Thanks SO MUCH for participating in Lynn's Scrap an Old Photo challenge. :heartlub
    • trekmom
      @mcurtt Thank you, I am the one taking the photos. Those were fun days.
      @cookingmylife Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the backs story. I miss my room mates.
      @garrynkim Thank you so much. That was a fun page to make. Glory days, right?
      @Angela Toucan Thank you, yes, uh oh, now I've got a Meatloaf song in my head, it was long ago and far away.
    • Donitab
      Maybe weird, but what awesome photos to scrap. I love this! I love the barely visible photo at the top and the word art that says It's pretty clear now.
      trekmom likes this.
    • Jan
      This is a very interesting take on the challenge. I love the story, too. It totally explained the photo. Nice job.
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @Donitab Thank you very much. I am so happy that you caught that, oh my. I'm a weirdo, I hope in a good way.
      @Jan Thank you so much.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Feb 22, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3588px
    Height:
    3588px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).