littlekiwi

Fancy-#gal

Fancy-#gal
littlekiwi, Feb 19, 2021
Description:
Staples (x5)
Metal diamond

In 2016, I was ready to go out with a ‘sparkle’. In the lead up to the school formal I had found this amazing red sparkly top, black skirt, glittery overjacket and red glitter kitten heels for my formal outfit so was feeling very fancy. I hadn’t felt that great about what I wore the previous year so was more than determined to make myself look fancy. A group of us girls decided we would spend the early afternoon getting our hair & make up done professionally at the beauty salon. This was a real treat for me to feel glammed up and ready to sparkle the night away as I am usually very low key when it comes to hair and make up even when its a special event. I don’t generally love the feeling of make up and plus doing it myself with low vision in one eye and no vision in the other might be a recipe for disaster.

Clean & Simple number 31 by Designs by Soco
Fancy by Allison Pennington
Sparkly Solids by Mommyish
Girl Gang by Allison Pennington
Inside My Purse by Little Butterfly Wings & Pink Reptile Designs
iScape by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic
Shop til you drop by Designed by Soco & ninagoesdigi
Advice for my younger self by Little Butterfly Wings
Obsession by Just Jaimee & Studio Basic
Storyteller August 2020 by Just Jaimee
Textured Gesso Papers by Just Jaimee

DJB Marilyn Script
Soco, MrsPeel, Dalis and 2 others like this.
    • KarenB
      This is fabulous! Great photo, and I love the little cluster at the top. Beautiful, clean layout :)
    • cfile
      So beautiful Jennifer.. what a lovely photo of you and I adore how you scrapped this with mixing of all the elements and papers. the layers and all the touches of red bring out the color in your photo... I am so glad you enjoyed the glam feeling of going to get your hair and makeup done... so fun! Loved your journaling and it is so good to see you scrapping away. Froggy Fav :) Congratulations!! Love the little cluster in the top right corner with the splash of red paint... the dress and lipstick.. great little cluster!
    • littlekiwi
      Thanks @KarenB & @cfile for your lovely words on my clusters....clusters are usually my worst nightmare
      KarenB and cfile like this.
    • bellbird
      love how the design comes together here, there is amazing layering and texture starting with the white gesso in the backgrd and the vellum and glittery scalloped circle behind your glam photo - sounds like a great night and the glitter glam and sparkles as metals are very cool here!
    • jenn mccabe
      i'm the same - even for events! but i agree it is fun to go glam every once in awhile! i need help w/hair and makeup too! never been a girly girl! you look lovely and i love the cute title work here!
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is just WOW Jennifer!! You do look like a fancy girl! Your layout is so beautiful and sparkly too and thanks for telling us the story!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    • Dalis
      Look at you all fancied up!!! GORGEOUS GAL, GORGEOUS PAGE!
    • MrsPeel
      Jenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is SO awesome!!!!!!! the page is so fabulously constructed, everything is amazing , and you look amazing!!!!!! I don;t have much time right now, will come back later to read the journaling properly, but I think you should use that photo as your avatar!!!!!!! I haven't been well, but now I had the forst vaccine I feel a bit more hopeful, will come catch up with your gallery later, but saw this as I was trying to update my FF thread (thanks for the help, by the way!!!!!!) saw this and I HAD TO come give you a closer hug <3
    • littlekiwi
      Oops I just realised, it should be 2006 not 2016....at least I caught it before printing.
    • Soco
      Wow! Look at you, so fancy!! :heartlub This is awesome, Jennifer! So beautiful, elegant and fun! It's a bright, gorgeous layout!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Feb 19, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    225 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).