AJK

Exploring Camden Together

Exploring Camden Together
AJK, Jul 29, 2020
Description:
CAMDEN SERIES
Visiting Camden was inspiring. The struggle for freedom was and even now is tangible.

"The flag designed by South Carolinian Christoper Gadsden ,often called “the Sam Adams of the South” ,a delegate to the Stamp Act Congress, 1st & 2nd Continental Congresses,commander of the 1st
S.C. Regiment of the Continental Army; a staunch American patriot.
The Gadsden Flag was intentionally designedto convey a patriotic message. The flag’s symbolism explained by Ben Franklin:
“The Rattlesnake is found in no other quarter of the world besides America The rattlesnake also has sharp eyes, and may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged

never surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.”
--THAT'S the unedited history of the now maligned flag. I am adamant about not editing history. Instead of defining someone/something by a fault and cancelling the good, we can learn from it!

Credits:
PK M3March 17
SBasic Keeping Memories
LBW M3Oct15, TTGOWTTY,
Mommyish Vintage Kids
Donitab and KittyY like this.
    • KittyY
      awesome page! I just love SC!
      AJK likes this.
    • AJK
      @KittyY Thank you. I've lived in SC off and on (between ministry posts) for about 20 years, but never visited Camden. Even tho it was super hot that day (100+) it was a blast! I love looking at the big southern mansions and old Quaker cemetery- so much history!!
      KittyY likes this.
    • KittyY
      @AJK "between ministry posts" - tell me more :) (I'm a women's minister)
      AJK likes this.
    • AJK
      @KittyY We pastored in Texas, worked in an orphanage in Mexico. and founded a school in Honduras.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    AJK
    Date:
    Jul 29, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    589 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).