cfile

Event Interview (MOC9 day 23: interview > 250 words)

Event Interview (MOC9 day 23: interview > 250 words)
cfile, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
January 23: Interview
Credits:
FWP TLP COLLAB |center
https://the-lilypad.com/store/-FREE-with-a-15-purchase-COLLAB-centered.html
apennington_SPLASH_5
FJ_center_FWP_stars
FJ_center_FWP_string
Flower2nbk-Center-Jan2021​
CD Muckosky | Conversation starter (Duly Noted masked out words for scribbled box)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Conversation-Piece.html
Kim Jensen | Happy Mail - Elements (envelope-personal-closed & pen-navy)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Happy-Mail-Elements-Kim-Jensen.html
Paula Kesselring | Old Notebooks1 (1)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Old-Notebooks-1.html
Paula Kesselring | City Maps4 (6)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/City-Maps-4.html
Paula Kesselring | Paper Pack 1 (4 & 5)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Paper-Pack-1.html
Little Butterfly Wings | One Thing at a Time (paint06 & 09)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/One-thing-at-a-time-elements.html
Micheline Lincoln Designs | Be (doodle 13-arrow)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Be-Element-Pack-by-Micheline-Lincoln-Designs.html
Font: American Typewriter & Big River Script
-------------------------------------------------
Journaling 861 words DH= Dear Hubby, DW = Dear Wife (me)

Event: Our Celtic Sampler trip Nov 2015

Q: What is your favorite memory of the trip.
DH: Going with you on our trip.
DW: The entire trip was memorable. I was so excited to go, as I had been dreaming of going to Ireland and Scotland for a long time.

Q: What did your trip consist of?
DH: It was a spectacular worldwind tour of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales.
DW: It was a Coach tour with CIE Tours. It was so neat to have everything taken care of for us, that we could just sit back and enjoy the sites of Ireland, No Ireland, Scotland, England & Wales.

Q: What was the best part of Ireland?
DH: Dublin, where they have the Guinness Storehouse. And, did you know that the lobby is shaped like a pint of Guinness?!!! Some people just don't get that!
DW: It is hard to pick a "best" because I loved all of it. I was amazed at everything we saw, but I will have to say I did love the extra day in Dublin on our own for sightseeing. I loved the Guinness Storehouse, shopping on Grafton Street and seeing the famous statues like the Molly Malone statue.

Q: What was the best part of No. Ireland?
DH: The trip up to Giant's Causeway, which included a beautiful drive along the coast overlooking the Irish Sea.
DW: That is a tie. I loved both Giant's Causeway and seeing Titanic Belfast. While in Belfast, we stayed in the famous Europa Hotel, and went across the street to Robinson's Bar and Grill. In the back there was a door into Fibber Magee's (another pub) where we enjoyed a pint of Guinness along with a Jameson's and listened to the LIVE Irish music being played. It was fun to talk with the locals, too! Everyone was so nice and fun!

Q: What stands out about Scotland?
DH: Hands down, EDINBURGH! I loved the Castle, the Elephant House Café (where JKRowling wrote Harry Potter) and the Last Drop, which is a pub in the Grassmarket section. We even saw a real ghost at the Greyfriar's Kirkyard.
DW: The Edinburgh Castle was one of the highlights for me. We had a lot of time on our own to walk around Edinburgh. We stayed at the APEX hotel right on the Grassmarket, so we had a perfect view of the castle and a short walk to all the sights. We went to the museum of Scotland and saw Dolly the cloned sheep, and also went on the hunt for all things Harry Potter. The Greyfriar's Kirkyard and meeting Mr. Wallace Ferguson telling us stories was fascinating, including my falling and getting full of lava mud.. that was one of the funny stories (now anyway) that we have there.

Q: What about England?
DH: Our visit to Liverpool because we got to see all the places where the Beatles lived, the museum and we even stayed in a Beatles themed hotel (Hard Days Night Hotel), and had drinks in the Cavern Club where the Beatles played.
DW: I loved Liverpool. It was wonderful staying in the Beatles hotel and going to the Albert Docks. Everything Beatles! The other part I liked was stopping at Gretna Green the border between Scotland and England. Many people cross the border to get married there and it was a fun place to go as a break spot while on the Coach.

Q: And finally, what is favorite part about Wales?
DH: That is a toss up. I really enjoyed the town of Conwy because it has the ruins of an old castle, the smallest house in Britain, and a really good coffee shop. But there is also a town we passed through that has a name with about 50 letters. It was fun to try and read the sign!
DW: I loved walking around the town and seeing the smallest house in Britain. The seaside is beautiful there and it was wonderful just the two of us to go off walking and enjoy a huge cup of coffee in the coffee shop.

Q: Is there any particular foods that you tried and liked from your trip?
DH: Haggis Tatties & Neeps. Just don't ask what is in it before trying, and it will all be grand!
DW: I have to say Haggis, Tatties & Neeps, along with Sticky Toffee Pudding. Even though I had it before, the Lamb Shank at O'Connell's restaurant in Dublin was one of my favorite dinners!

Q: What was the worst part of the trip for you?
DH: The worst part was taking the ferry across choppy seas for 4 hours between Wales and Ireland. I don't recommend it, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
DW: Ditto re the ferry ride from Wales to Ireland.

Q: Would you go again?
DH: In a heartbeat, however they won't let us back in. COVID don't ya know.
DW: Ditto again re in a heartbeat. As soon as we can kick COVID to the curb and we can travel again, it will be the UK and Ireland or BUST!

One of the longest names of any place in the UK is
the Welsh village of:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
(photo on bottom right of page!)

chastml likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Christa, I loved reading about your trip and how clever of you to put all those photos in the background and lay the notebook on top for journaling. Terrific travel layout.
      cfile likes this.
    • Karen
      This is great Christa! I love that you've captured both of your perspectives on the same trip and I love the journal open on top of your pile of pictures. Very cool page!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @flowersgal thanks Patsy! CJ was so funny this morning as I was interviewing him.. as you can see he is rather direct and me rather wordy and having to describe it all LOL... I started putting photos of all the things we saw and talked about in the interview and he kept coming in to see my progress on my page :) It was a fun exercise but boy did it take me a long time to make! Hugs and thanks for your sweet comment!
    • cfile
      @Karen Thanks Karen! It was a fun morning creating this and CJ and I had fun quickly reminiscing the trip this morning.. he kept coming in to check and was loving me adding all the photos :) Thanks again!
      Karen likes this.
    • HeatherB
      This is so clever! Love the journaling in the notebook and love how you placed it on top of the scattered photos. Fabulous page!!
      cfile likes this.
    • HeatherB
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @HeatherB Thank you so much Heather & thank you so very much for the Froggy Fav! I am so honored! Hugs and thanks!
      HeatherB likes this.
    • StefanieS
      I should have known this was yours.
      Awesome, the photos layered up below the book are perfect.
      Congrats on your well deserved Froggie faves.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Eyeore thanks Stefanie! :) LOL knowing it was mine.. was that because of the wordiness?! LOL no coffee cup on this one, although I was thining about putting one and had no room LOL .. thanks my friend!
    • Saar
      Stunning layout! What a beautiful interview! I love the diary and all the photos underneath it. I love the interview itself, the details... I just knew you were going to rock this challenge!
      Congratulations on froggy favorite. If your layout wasn't already in that thread, I would have put it there! :beat:heartlub
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).