RJMJ

Etc By Danyale-June-A Time For Remembrance Challenge-Thanks Grandpa

Etc By Danyale-June-A Time For Remembrance Challenge-Thanks Grandpa
RJMJ, Jun 29, 2018
Description:
Thank You For This Challenge!...I Love Creating Vintage/Heritage Layouts...In Fact This Was The First Thing That Got Me Into Scrapbooking In The First Place...This Is How I Started Out Scrapbooking Digitally...Now I Don't Do As Many So Thank You For The Kick Start To Get This Layout Finished...

The Three Pics I Used In My Layout Are Only A Handful Of Pics That I Have Of Grandpa & Seeing Them Reminded Me Of The Story I Am About To Tell...I Didn't Know My Grandpa Very Well...In Fact He Wasn't Really My Grandpa...He Was My Step-Grandfather As I Call Him Now But Back When I Was Really Young(Really Little) I Called Him Grandpa...It Was A Hot Summer Day & My Grandparents Had Come To Visit Us From Pretty Far Away As It Was Deemed Back Then...They Never Really Left The "Rock" To Travel Very Much...So A Visit Was Unusual To Say The Least...Anyway,On This Particular Day I Was Trying Desperately To Teach Myself How To Ride My Bike...I Had Fallen & Hurt My Knee & Grandpa Saw This & Came To The Rescue...He Helped Me Up & Held Onto Me Until I Was Ready To Let Go & Give It A Try On My Own & Finally I Felt Ready To Try & Ride I Did...Away I Went Down The Sidewalk & Back To Him...He Was So Happy For Me...He Said I Knew You Could Do It!...He Hugged Me & Told Me That He Wanted To Share A Little Secret With Me If I Could Agree To Keep It...Of Course I Did!...Grandpa Reached Into His Pocket & Pulled Out A $5.00 Bill!...& He Gave It To Me!...Wow!...That Was A Lot Of Money Back Then & That Was My First $5.00 Bill Ever!...I Remember Feeling So Proud & Happy!...I Have Kept This Memory With Me For Years & I Still Remember This Like It Happened Yesterday...Memories Are Funny Things...I Guess He Believed In Me & Encouraged Me At Just the Right Time!...Thanks For The Wonderful Memory Grandpa!...

*By The Way...In The Third Photo...That Is My Brother Billy Pictured There With My Dad & Grandpa*

*For My Thanks Grandpa Layout*-I Used

*Full O' Blarney & Sugar Sands Beach-Both By Etc By Danyale
Danyale likes this.
    • lorieh
      I love everything about this page! Your framing of the 3 photos is perfect and your story is precious. The kits you used were perfect for this page. Beautiful job!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • AJK
      Beautifully done. Hope you print this!
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Etc by Danyale
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 29, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    687.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).