RJMJ

Etc By Danyale-June-A Time For Remembrance Challenge-Thanks Grandpa

Etc By Danyale-June-A Time For Remembrance Challenge-Thanks Grandpa
RJMJ, Jun 29, 2018
Description:
Thank You For This Challenge!...I Love Creating Vintage/Heritage Layouts...In Fact This Was The First Thing That Got Me Into Scrapbooking In The First Place...This Is How I Started Out Scrapbooking Digitally...Now I Don't Do As Many So Thank You For The Kick Start To Get This Layout Finished...

The Three Pics I Used In My Layout Are Only A Handful Of Pics That I Have Of Grandpa & Seeing Them Reminded Me Of The Story I Am About To Tell...I Didn't Know My Grandpa Very Well...In Fact He Wasn't Really My Grandpa...He Was My Step-Grandfather As I Call Him Now But Back When I Was Really Young(Really Little) I Called Him Grandpa...It Was A Hot Summer Day & My Grandparents Had Come To Visit Us From Pretty Far Away As It Was Deemed Back Then...They Never Really Left The "Rock" To Travel Very Much...So A Visit Was Unusual To Say The Least...Anyway,On This Particular Day I Was Trying Desperately To Teach Myself How To Ride My Bike...I Had Fallen & Hurt My Knee & Grandpa Saw This & Came To The Rescue...He Helped Me Up & Held Onto Me Until I Was Ready To Let Go & Give It A Try On My Own & Finally I Felt Ready To Try & Ride I Did...Away I Went Down The Sidewalk & Back To Him...He Was So Happy For Me...He Said I Knew You Could Do It!...He Hugged Me & Told Me That He Wanted To Share A Little Secret With Me If I Could Agree To Keep It...Of Course I Did!...Grandpa Reached Into His Pocket & Pulled Out A $5.00 Bill!...& He Gave It To Me!...Wow!...That Was A Lot Of Money Back Then & That Was My First $5.00 Bill Ever!...I Remember Feeling So Proud & Happy!...I Have Kept This Memory With Me For Years & I Still Remember This Like It Happened Yesterday...Memories Are Funny Things...I Guess He Believed In Me & Encouraged Me At Just the Right Time!...Thanks For The Wonderful Memory Grandpa!...

*By The Way...In The Third Photo...That Is My Brother Billy Pictured There With My Dad & Grandpa*

*For My Thanks Grandpa Layout*-I Used

*Full O' Blarney & Sugar Sands Beach-Both By Etc By Danyale
Danyale likes this.
    • lorieh
      I love everything about this page! Your framing of the 3 photos is perfect and your story is precious. The kits you used were perfect for this page. Beautiful job!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • AJK
      Beautifully done. Hope you print this!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • rchansen
      What a lovely heritage layout!! Love the simplicity. Especially love the notebook binding blended onto the page with the photos along one side and the large artwork and journaling along the other as if two pages. Beautiful.
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Etc by Danyale
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 29, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    687.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).