Mary-Lynne

Embarrassing-moment-moc-13

Embarrassing-moment-moc-13
Mary-Lynne, Jan 13, 2016
Description:
My most embarrassing moment. Using ETC by Danyelle's beautiful Sundara kit.
Journaling reads:
After leaving the beautiful landscape of Utah, we headed into Colorado to see the Indian dwellings in Canyons of Ancients and Mesa Verde. At Canyons of the Ancients we viisted some amazing ruins before going to the visitor center where we spent time in the museum and watching films. The common theme in the films was respect. Respect the Ancients and their dwellings by not touching or walking on any of the ruins. The film demostrated how just one touch by thousands of visitors can do irreparable damage.

No problem, Mike and I have always been lovers of the National Parks and Monuments and we never leave any evidence that we were there. We even pack out others trash if we see any.

After Canyon of the Ancients, we headed to Mesa Verde. What an amazing place that is. We started off that day with a long hike, that included an amazing ruin. As is our nature, we touched nothing even though we were in the middle of nowhere, with no one around. After the hike, we did the driving tour and saw more cliff dwelling than we ever imagined. So many, we acutally got bored with them!

Back at the museum we walked down to the one cliff dwelling that you can get up close and personal with. Still can't touch anything, but unlike the others, you can walk around the outside edges and even descend one of the ladders to a Kiva below. Because you are so close to the ruins, there are park rangers patrolling the entire area . We descended the ladder and then I decided that I wanted a photo, from above, of the ladder. I started to take it but needed to back up to get what I wanted in the frame. As I backed up with my camera up to my eye, I hit the short wall of the ruins behind me, causing me to fall on my back, spread eagle into the ruin. Geezz, kinda the height of disrespect!!!! Asl I lay there in the ruins, 2 the rangers ran over to see if I was alright. Can one die of embarrassment? If that wasn't bad enough, then I got the giggles about how important the respect is to us
and here I am, lying on the floor of a ruin you aren't supposed to touch!
Most embarrassing moment ever!!!!
    • jenn mccabe
      love the photo and how it is masked into the page and i really love the cut out area for your journaling! awesome!
    • Tree City
      Oh dear! It may have been embarrassing for you, but it does make quite the story! :) And now you've got a great LO with such a lovely photo!
    • Danyale
      Oh, my goodness, hahaha - with you not at you. ♥ I love how you used the arrow to highlight your fabulous little cut out journaling spot.
    • Arumrose
      Love the way the photo is really part of the whole layout and the big place let to journalism
    • bestcee
      I love how you used the arrow to point to the ruins. The diagonal direction of the paper adds cool movement to your page.
    • lcpereyra
      I had to LOL! I'm sure that is the last thing you ever expected to happen and is totally something that would happen to me. :) I hope you were ok. anything for the perfect shot, right? ;) Great journaling and the photo is beautiful. I'd fall in love with that place (pun intended, good-naturedly). Thanks for participating in the challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Etc by Danyale
    Uploaded By:
    Mary-Lynne
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    160.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).