norton94

Dorm Life and The Collegian

Dorm Life and The Collegian
norton94, Aug 19, 2018
Description:
Mixed Media Monthly: Courageous / Man / Guide - June '18 by by Li Li Wee & Paula Kesselring & Little Butterfly Wings & Dawn Inskip
He’s All Mine Wordart {M3 June 18} by Dawn Inskip
Your Mom Goes to College | Collaboration by Mommyish and Wildheart Designs
Press Play 04 by Lynne-Marie

We were eager to hear how dorm life was going. The first night we received a text. "Hey Mom this isn't an everyday thing but just wanted to tell you first day went great. Met a ton of people and really liking the experience so far." The next day Dad sent you a text teasing that since he controlled the finances, you needed to text him too. So the second night you group texted: “College is fantastic - late night hang outs with groups of people every night. My floor has some really fun people. It also gets some people from other floors. I’m having such a crazy fun time.”It was your third day at college and you called to talk as you were walking back to your dorm. As you walked, you just were over the moon with happy stories. You got quieter as you reached your building containing the exuberance to a whisper. You passed someone in the stairs that you had hung out with the night before. You didn’t hesitate. On my end I could hear your cheerful and confident exchange. "Hey! How’s it going?... I'm sorry what’s your name again? - and who’s your friend? ... Oh great thanks - I'm AJ. Nice to meet you..." etc. There was an ease and social confidence I didn't recognize. He's learned to schmooze in just 3 days!
KittyY, Christina W and TeaWithLemon like this.
    • Tree City
      Love the two-tone split to the background, and the vintage-y feel to the page. And it sounds like college is going well for him already! :)
      norton94 likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Love the vintage feel to this and love the way the page is split on an angle. Love the choice of papers and nice job with the photo blending. Great page!
      norton94 likes this.
    • bbachand
      Love your page design here with the angled papers. Great way to document your son's first days at college. My son will be starting his freshman year in a couple weeks and I am hopeful that he has a similar experience. :)
      norton94 likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      I'm lovin the angled split design. I may have to scraplift this. It's so cool to hear that he's doing well at college. Today is my DDs first day of college and I'm hoping I get a happy text from her this afternoon.
      norton94 likes this.
    • norton94
    • keepscrappin
      @norton94 Yes, her first day went well. She texted that she got lost finding the first class, but made a friend who is pre-dental hygiene too and she has 4 classes with her. Hopefully, today is going well too.
      norton94 likes this.
    • norton94
      @keepscrappin AJ got lost on his first day too! That's great that she found a study buddy :)
    • amandaresende
      wow!!!!!!!!!!! love the colors, angle, photo blending, the vintage feel... the journaling... love everything about this!
      norton94 likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      Wow! Love hearing his voice through the journaling
      norton94 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    norton94
    Date:
    Aug 19, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).